Cut To The Chase

Between Sun and Moon

Alien Shore

Double Agent

Cold Fire

Leave That Thing Alone

Everyday Glory

All outstanding Rush songs.

IMO the last great sonic production they have recorded. Pure bliss....rip roaring guitars through Marshall amps, Neils Drums were delicious, and Geddy's Bass growled.

Test For Echo......a solid record....I like it. I liked it a lot more when it came out. It has not aged as well though as CP. The stand out tracks for me are

Test For Echo (one of their great title tracks IMO)

Driven

The Color of Right

Totem (my favorite track on this diddy)

Dog Years (Yes....that's right biatches.....this song rocks oh so hard and has signature Rush chops all over it!)

Resist

Animate, Alien Shore, Cold Fire and Leave That Thing Alone are better than anything on Test For Echo.

About the only song I really like on T4E is Driven, the rest are pretty much just "OK"... I thought Counterparts was a great "redeemer" for RTB...which is another album I really didn't like a whole lot! (Pretty much only liked Dreamline and Bravado on that one)

Let's just say I wasn't as "enthusiastic" about Rush from about the time they put Power Windows out...I DID get to see them a few times between then and T4E, but wasn't overly upset when I had to miss a few years....(missed seeing them on Presto, RTB, and CP, I WANTED to see them for the CP tour but I was going to be on my honeymoon when they played locally, so...)

I had a friend that got tickets for the T4E show in Philly, and mainly wanted to see that one because I heard they were doing 2112 top to bottom!

My Rush fan-ism was rooted in the earlier years, and I jumped on at ATWAS, went backwards, then as the new albums came out got crazy until GuP came out... After tragedy struck and they came BACK, I was determined to see them whenever I could because who knows when it will end at this stage!

BUT...between the two, CP is a great album for when it was plopped in! Speed of Love, Everyday Glory, and Cut to the Chase are the weak links, but the rest IMHO is pretty strong!!

I used to hate T4E so much I re-shrinked it and returned it to the store when it was first released. Now I like it... Except Dog Years of course. I still think Counterparts is excellent today. If I had one critique of the later, it would be the inconsistency of it. Some songs had a 90's hard edge to them, others sounded more like their 80's days.

I like both these albums WAY better than HYF, Presto and RTB...I just hated their over produced, over synthed, gutless guitar sounding days.