Best concert you have ever seen? Also, best concert experience?

hobo73

I would have to say the very first Moody Blues concert I went to in October of 1971. I thought I had died and gone to heaven being there.

A close runner up would be the Who Quadrophenia concert.

Wow, I envy you for both of these concerts.... can you give more details?

The two concerts were the best because of what they meant to me -

The Moody Blues had become my personal messiah. Honest. So, when I saw them for the first time, I sat there completely mesmerized by them.

The Who - Quadrophenia meant so much to me. Every day I would listen to it from beginning to end, over and over and over. When I saw them, even though I was disappointed in how the album translated live (can you imagine how it would be today with all of the new technology??), the fact that I was sitting there and there they were playing cuts off of an album that had come to mean so very much to me was an experience that was hard to surpass, and I don't think it ever was.

Maybe this isn't what you wanted to know, but that is why the two concerts were such an experience.

• Like 1

The Moody Blues had become my personal messiah. Honest. So, when I saw them for the first time, I sat there completely mesmerized by them.

That's exactly how I felt when I saw Rush the first time during the Power Windows Tour. Just amazing. That was my most memorable concert experience until I took my daughter.

• Like 1

A very tough question as I`ve been so many over 35 years and still counting .

Paul McCartney at Liverpool Docks 1990 was amazing and two days later at Knebworth Silver Cleff Awards . (Macca , Floyd , Page n Plant )

Roger Waters - The Wall . Got to be the all round best gig I`ve ever seen

In The Flesh Tour - Waters again .

Seeing Floyd the first time The Wall , Earls Court 1980 .

Thin Lizzy 1978 first time was amazing

Rush at Bingly Hall . Near the front . brilliant

Jethro Tull at Wakefield , again brilliant

Black Country Commuion , Manchester Academy , the place rocked .

The Ladder Tour - Yes - First time I saw Jon Anderson with Yes ! , every song must have had a ten minute standing ovations

Maria McKee - High Dive tour . right at the front ! and a brilliant performance .

The Pouges - Hacienda - Manchester

Neil Young at Stevenage 96

Peter Gabriel . Roy Harper , Fairport Convention , , P.J Harvey, Fleetwood Mac

So so many . :D

The Ladder Tour - Yes - First time I saw Jon Anderson with Yes ! , every song must have had a ten minute standing ovations

Of course!!! That was a fantastic tour. I caught it in Dublin. It was my first time seeing them,and their first time in Ireland in 30 years. Every song got a standing ovation. An amazing night.

Paul McCartney at Liverpool Docks 1990 was amazing and two days later at Knebworth Silver Cleff Awards . (Macca , Floyd , Page n Plant )

Maria McKee - High Dive tour . right at the front ! and a brilliant performance .

did you never see kate bush?

That's exactly how I felt when I saw Rush the first time during the Power Windows Tour. Just amazing. That was my most memorable concert experience until I took my daughter.

yeah even though most of us have been to rush shows that we thought were better than our first rush show, there's something about the magic of seeing rush for the first time that creates a sensation like no other. my first show was the time machine tour, and it was my 2nd ever concert.

did you never see kate bush?

Not in concert ... Sadly no

But I have met her . The Never Forever signing in H.M.V. Manchester 1980 .

Me and about 200 hundred male fans got a kiss .

I`ve kissed Kate Bush . :blush:

Oh!. And I have a signed album . :D

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x117/coxy2112/kb1.jpg

• Like 1

I would have to say the very first Moody Blues concert I went to in October of 1971. I thought I had died and gone to heaven being there.

I was the Quadrophenia show at the Spectrum in Philly. Loud as hell and in my top 10 concert experiences. We slept out over night to get tickets so we had floor seats... Ah, those were the days.... can't remember how close we were but it was close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtSGOefupSw

Edited by custom55

oh my god, thats amazing

now she won't even leave her house haha

Get Out Of My House !

She is a godess , I`m not a serial stalker or anything .

• Like 1

This is a truly hard question to answer. Different types of bands and stage shows make choosing one difficult. One thing I will say though is that the small club atmosphere makes for a better experience than the large venues in most cases. I used to pay very little to be in the pit at Metal shows like Metallica, Exodus, Raven, Anthrax, Merciful Fate, Megadeth, Ratt (Don't laugh), and so on.

Well how about big shows? Well let's start by saying that the CA second half ranks up there with my favorite big venue acts. I saw Heart the other day. The last half hour of the Wilson sisters playing with Jason was nothing less than jaw dropping. If there's any better song live than Kashmir I've yet to hear it. I know it's been done a million times but seeing thousands of people singing along to "Stairway" is awesome. If Heart's set by itself isn't the strongest around the Zep tunes makes up for it.

Tom Petty Full Moon Fever is up there, what a great show.

Can't conclude my rambling without mentioning Prince as well. Purple Rain was a freaking beast of a show. I could go on but it's convoluted enough.

oh my god, thats amazing

Get Out Of My House !

someone broke in her house and asked her to marry her a couple years ago

oh my god, thats amazing

Get Out Of My House !

someone broke in her house and asked her to marry her a couple years ago

It was`nt me !!!! :unsure: