2013-14 NHL Season Thread

blackhawkrush

What the hell is going on in Vancouver right now?

Flames start the goon line...Canucks counter with same...events take their logical course. :D

VIDEO: Canucks, Flames open game with line brawl, 142 penalty minute

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24413707/video-canucks-flames-open-game-with-line-brawl-142-penalty-minutes

What the hell is going on in Vancouver right now?

Flames start the goon line...Canucks counter with same...events take their logical course. :D

VIDEO: Canucks, Flames open game with line brawl, 142 penalty minute

http://www.cbssports...penalty-minutes

Watch the Ref! Wonder what he's thinking...

Saturday was Hockey Day in Canada. So what better way to close Hockey Day in Canada out than with what hockey fans would term quite simply as a “gong show.”

The Calgary Flames sent out a forward line featuring noted tough guys Kevin Westgarth, Brian McGrattan and Blair Jones to start the game. The Canucks countered with Tom Sestito, Dale Weise and rookie Kellan Lain. The results were predictable.

Edited by goose

Within two seconds, the ice was a mish mash of gloves, sticks and a lot of fists as all 10 skaters on the ice squared off in a line brawl. So in two seconds of hockey, there were 142 minutes in penalties dished out including game misconducts. Here's what the game sheet looked like.

http://i.imgur.com/NvyA9fj.jpg

Starting to get pretty sick of Torts' antics. The first few months of the season were good but he's at least partly responsible for the pointless goonery over the past few games that is costing the team in both points and respect. And I don't know what the hell he was thinking with that 1st intermission stunt.

Hartley's a moron for icing that starting lineup, but the smart response is to put your first line out against the plugs and score a goal, not sink to their level.

All that said, it's nice to finally see a win tonight and a couple of actual goals, although beating the Flames in a shootout doesn't exactly mean the team is out of the woods.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

H :codger: O :codger: S :codger: S :codger: A :martini: Hawks 1 Bruins 0

Toews had a great chance to make it 2-0 :sigh: Hawks 1 Bruins 1

We have puck control issues. :gumby: Bruins 2 Hawks 1

B :chickendance: O :chickendance: L :chickendance: L :chickendance: I :chickendance: G :cosmo: Hawks 2 Bruins 2

B :chickendance: O :chickendance: L :chickendance: L :chickendance: I :chickendance: G :cosmo: Hawks 2 Bruins 2

Hawks win in SO. 32-8-11 :haz:
  • Like 1

Starting to get pretty sick of Torts' antics. The first few months of the season were good but he's at least partly responsible for the pointless goonery over the past few games that is costing the team in both points and respect. And I don't know what the hell he was thinking with that 1st intermission stunt.

Hartley's a moron for icing that starting lineup, but the smart response is to put your first line out against the plugs and score a goal, not sink to their level.

This is hockey, after all. The smart move and the right move don't always align. :D
  • Like 1

Boo! Boo! :)

Kudos to the NHL for putting a great match up on Sunday early.

This one could've gone either way. We were lucky Bruins did not control the puck at the finish of plays on several occasions and our guys failed to hit the net on point blank chances (Toews, Oduya...) Good luck against the Kings tomorrow. :madra:
  • Like 1

This one could've gone either way. We were lucky Bruins did not control the puck at the finish of plays on several occasions and our guys failed to hit the net on point blank chances (Toews, Oduya...) Good luck against the Kings tomorrow. :madra:

Glad to see Kane broke his shootout drought..great matchup and game :hockey: :yes:

• Like 1

Within two seconds, the ice was a mish mash of gloves, sticks and a lot of fists as all 10 skaters on the ice squared off in a line brawl. So in two seconds of hockey, there were 142 minutes in penalties dished out including game misconducts. Here's what the game sheet looked like.

http://i.imgur.com/NvyA9fj.jpg

BeZUFJyIYAAWJCW.png

:unsure:

• Like 2

Glad to see Kane broke his shootout drought..great matchup and game :hockey: :yes:

Yeah, all he had to do was let it rip without all those dekes. ;)

Fallout from VAN/CGY: Torts gets a 15-day (6 game) suspension for trying to attack a room full of professional hockey players by himself. Hartley gets a fine for violating what we might as well call the "Rolston Rule". And Henrik Sedin will miss his first game since the two-line pass rule existed.
  • Like 1