What would you do...

Lorraine

I would not have listened to my parents when they told me "You'll never make it in music. Play as a hobby and get a real job."

Everyone great you admire, every hero you have ever had, every one you wish you were did something to make themselves great when everyone around them told them they shouldn't. Nobody tries to be great anymore. Let's all just get a job, pay our bills and get by.

Music is all I've ever wanted to do and I allowed someone to take that from me. Shame on me.

I can relate to your post. My family was always telling me from when I was young that I would never be able to do whatever it was that I told them I wanted to do. That is, in my opinion, one of the biggest mistakes a parent can make with their child. I think that when a child hears something like that continuously while they are growing up, it sinks into the subconscious and trips you up whenever you do attempt to do something.

As for your major regret, don't let it eat you up inside. Try to resign yourself to what you did, or didn't do. I know it is easy to give this advice, but the alternative to not following it will only make you miserable over time.

• Like 1

I would not have listened to my parents when they told me "You'll never make it in music. Play as a hobby and get a real job."

Everyone great you admire, every hero you have ever had, every one you wish you were did something to make themselves great when everyone around them told them they shouldn't. Nobody tries to be great anymore. Let's all just get a job, pay our bills and get by.

Music is all I've ever wanted to do and I allowed someone to take that from me. Shame on me.

I can relate to your post. My family was always telling me from when I was young that I would never be able to do whatever it was that I told them I wanted to do. That is, in my opinion, one of the biggest mistakes a parent can make with their child. I think that when a child hears something like that continuously while they are growing up, it sinks into the subconscious and trips you up whenever you do attempt to do something.

As for your major regret, don't let it eat you up inside. Try to resign yourself to what you did, or didn't do. I know it is easy to give this advice, but the alternative to not following it will only make you miserable over time.

My family told me not to worry about anything other than finding the right man to marry so that he could take care of me. :\

My family told me not to worry about anything other than finding the right man to marry so that he could take care of me. :\

Do men like that exist any more? :eh:

Edited by Lorraine

I would not have listened to the parent who told me "there's no jobs in healthcare!"

Librarian, I don't know how long ago that parent told you that, but today, especially where I live, that's all that's available - jobs in healthcare!! If it wasn't for those jobs, our help wanted section would be two pages - if even that.

I would probably be the youngest mass murderer in this nation's history, so I try not to go there.

:wtf:

• Like 1

Think I wouldn't change much things. Well a few, maybe like going to more Rush shows, joining TRF a lot earlier...

Since I've learned that it's indeed never too late to change things, I'd become the type of guy who loves advanced vocational training. I'm in the middle of my exams as a psychiatry care worker and I begun the qualification at the age of 45, almost three years ago. I know changes aren't permanent, but change is. :cool:

Keep plugging away Grey!

I would probably be the youngest mass murderer in this nation's history, so I try not to go there.

Yeah, that's creepy. You might want to work that out in therapy.

Maybe she was joking.

I hope.

I was. It's this sick sense of humor that's kept me together. :D

• Like 3

Only a few minor changes, if I could.

Never stopped dancing like a damn lunatic...

Kept up with Yoga and gymnastics...

Kept up my walking everywhere...

Listened to myself when I first thought about being a vegetarian...

Maybe try to save more money than I did...