Were The Stones Crap At Glastonbury ? Or Is It Just Me .

By Tor

Who played the piano on You Can't Always Get What You Want?

And who did Mary Clayton's part in Gimme Shelter?

Chuck Level is the touring keyboardist

Lisa Fisher on Gimme Shelter. She been doing it for years.

This tour both Wood and Richards are playing it all. There are no backup guitarists. I attended both Newark NJ shows and Boston and I was very close...Unless they have a guitarist behind the curtain. Mick Taylor ( who I think made their best music ) played on a few songs and they've had guests like Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, etc.

Last few tours Blondie Chapman played guitar as a third guitarist. Again, I have not seen the Gastonbury show so I cannot comment on that. Just telling you what I experience over the last few shows.

Enjoy The Stones.

I thought the Stones sounded sloppy when I saw them back in 1994. I can't imagine how bad they sound some 19 years later! :o Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

I thought the Stones sounded sloppy when I saw them back in 1994. I can't imagine how bad they sound some 19 years later! :o

Glad to see you write that, 'cause then it's not just me. I don't know how but the way Wood and Richards play their guitars, makes it feel like they don't give a shit. Maybe too laid back for my liking? And Jagger prancing around singing all over the beat. Yeah, I think they're sloppy and overrated also.