My New Acoustic cover: Subdivisions, Enjoy!!

mikaz

Well done. It looked like you were going to go for a final "of youth" vocal, but thought better of it at the last second.

Well done. It looked like you were going to go for a final "of youth" vocal, but thought better of it at the last second.

exactly! good eye, i felt i was about to miss it so I dropped it in a split second! and it's not on the original studio version after all.. ;)

That was ace! I really liked the bit when you sung the word "Subdivisions" in that low register...great! And doing the synth line in "ooh"s was excellent too. Top posting! :guitar: <<< mikaz

Thanks a lot man!! I often play "the Seeker" with a 3 piece band ;)

exactly! good eye, i felt i was about to miss it so I dropped it in a split second!

Yup, had you gone for it, it looks like you would have come in a just a little bit late with it -- you would have needed to inhale just a bit sooner to get it out in time.

Very awesome! The lower octave singing + "oh"s with the synth solos were top notch.

Great guitar playing as well!

Lots of thanks to you too, it's great to be able to share Rush's music on this forum because few people know this unique band in France...

Very awesome! The lower octave singing + "oh"s with the synth solos were top notch.

Lots of thanks to you too, it's great to be able to share Rush's music on this forum because few people know this unique band in France...

Yeah I feel France wouldn't take to RUSH too kindly for some reason. Glad you're one of the smart ones in the bunch. ;)

Yeah I feel France wouldn't take to RUSH too kindly for some reason. Glad you're one of the smart ones in the bunch. ;)

But I still don't get why the promoters never included France in their 4 European tours since they packed Paris 2d biggest venue (Zenith) in 92 for the Roll the Bones Tour for their only french concert...

That was GREAT, dude!! :haz:

You should do Natural Science next... ;)

Thanks! I have to think about how to avoid all the instrumental parts in natural science... not sure yet it's doable in a musicaly interesting way ;)

Really good stuff!!! I can't wait to see/hear more! How about trying Something for Nothing?

Here's Red Sector A!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3bNztxbNos

I really like the way that you arrange the songs acoustically! You should make a setlist of three hours worth of songs and go play some clubs. Even people that don't like Rush would enjoy this stuff.
  • Like 1

"conform or be cast outsudivisionsin the basement bars.." nice! lol.. good job though!
  • Like 1

Excellent work. Nice voice. I play a little but can't sing. Always like seeing things like this. Post more when you can.

By request of my friend Ricardo from Holland, here's Available Light too :)

Really good stuff!!! I can't wait to see/hear more! How about trying Something for Nothing?

Here's Red Sector A!!

That was sublilme. If Rush ever decides to do an unplugged set, they need to hire to you do the arrangements. Never in a million years would I have thought RSA could translate to an acoustic guitar, but you showed that it can be done beautifully. A+

• Like 1

Here's Red Sector A!!

That was sublilme. If Rush ever decides to do an unplugged set, they need to hire to you do the arrangements. Never in a million years would I have thought RSA could translate to an acoustic guitar, but you showed that it can be done beautifully. A+

Thanks so much, that was the challenge with this very keyboard-oriented song, as it was for subdivisions, and it proves how much Rush's music is good, even "naked" like that!!

Here's Red Sector A!!

Thanks so much, that was the challenge with this very keyboard-oriented song, as it was for subdivisions, and it proves how much Rush's music is good, even "naked" like that!!

I agree. Subdivisions translates well because the vocal melody is so strong (and when the arrangement is stripped down, the melody really shines). RSA doesn't have as strong a vocal melody, so making it sound good arranged for acoustic is really a testament to your decision-making process about what parts to play and how to play them. You've got a great ear for arrangements and enough facility on guitar and vocals to bring them to fruition.

TFE generally has strong vocally melodic songs. You should give one of those songs a shot. Maybe Color of Right or Totem?