Rush already throwing a monkeywrench into the alternating set lists pattern

Personally, I love the variety. I understand why someone would want it in a more structured way, but I like it varied as well. But then again, I've already seen Limelight a dozen times live and I don't give a crap if I see it again. And I'll go to at least 3 shows every tour, so I'll get every song they'll play :)

I agree, Limelight was just played during the Time Machine Tour. You can always pop that dvd in and watch it. Or serveral other DVD. The boys are getting up there in age, and there aren't many tours left if any? It would really be cool if they could find away to include more of their unplayed/ uncaptured on video songs in future tours.

Songs like:

Cut to the Chase, Jacobs's Ladder, Open Secrets, Different Strings, Tears, Losing It, Alien Shore, Vapor Trail, Sweet Miracle, Lock and Key, Chain Lightning, Available Light, so we have some kind of representation of them once RUSH decides to take their much deserved and well earned retirement.

:codger:

Oh please, no Sweet Miracle. One of the few (and none of the others are coming to mind at the moment) Rush songs I truly, truly hate.

Songs like:

Cut to the Chase, Jacobs's Ladder, Open Secrets, Different Strings, Tears, Losing It, Alien Shore, Vapor Trail, Sweet Miracle, Lock and Key, Chain Lightning, Available Light, so we have some kind of representation of them once RUSH decides to take their much deserved and well earned retirement.

Agreed!

Yesterday I began making my own set-list wish list and it quickly got out of hand. A 5 hour show would be nice, but ...

LOL

I would also add the following for consideration:

Entre Nous, Emotion Detector, Test for Echo, and Countdown.

I would also cram every instrumental tune in there, I count eight. In addition to the more oft played ones, YYZ, LVS, and recently Where's My Thing, I'd add Leave that Thing Alone, Hope, Broon's Bane, TMMB, and Limbo.

Songs like:

Agreed!

Yesterday I began making my own set-list wish list and it quickly got out of hand. A 5 hour show would be nice, but ...

LOL

I would also add the following for consideration:

Entre Nous, Emotion Detector, Test for Echo, and Countdown.

I would also cram every instrumental tune in there, I count eight. In addition to the more oft played ones, YYZ, LVS, and recently Where's My Thing, I'd add Leave that Thing Alone, Hope, Broon's Bane, TMMB, and Limbo.

Definately, I forgot Emotion Detector, Test For Echo and Countdown, and you can throw in Kid Gloves For good measure!

:chickendance: :dweez: :chickendance:

Personally, I love the variety. I understand why someone would want it in a more structured way, but I like it varied as well. But then again, I've already seen Limelight a dozen times live and I don't give a crap if I see it again. And I'll go to at least 3 shows every tour, so I'll get every song they'll play :)

I agree, Limelight was just played during the Time Machine Tour. You can always pop that dvd in and watch it. Or serveral other DVD. The boys are getting up there in age, and there aren't many tours left if any? It would really be cool if they could find away to include more of their unplayed/ uncaptured on video songs in future tours.

Songs like:

Oh please, no Sweet Miracle. One of the few (and none of the others are coming to mind at the moment) Rush songs I truly, truly hate.

Well :finbar: Sweet Miracle is a good song, Better than Vapor Trail. Again :finbar: !

Really doesn't matter what they play , they freakin' rock the place every night.. my dream song to hear would be Fly By Night, but no luck.... ah well.. doesn't matter, I'll be there tonight, rocking out..

Really doesn't matter what they play , they freakin' rock the place every night.. my dream song to hear would be Fly By Night, but no luck.... ah well.. doesn't matter, I'll be there tonight, rocking out..

LOL ... Fly By Night? Can you imagine Geddy singin' that these days.

What, you want to put him out for the rest of the tour.

; )

Its RUSH. I will go if they play an entire setlist of the "worst" of their catalog.

They have more then earned the right to play anything they want, anytime they want.

• Like 2

Its RUSH. I will go if they play an entire setlist of the "worst" of their catalog.

They have more then earned the right to play anything they want, anytime they want.

According to some people they are playing the worst of their catalog and not what made them famous.

• Like 1

"I wish Rush would rotate some songs instead of playing the same set list every night."

*Rush starts rotating songs*

"I don't like the way they are rotating songs."

:facepalm:

If nothing else, this just proves that no matter what the band does, someone will find something to piss and moan about.

• Like 3

There worst is better than some band's best!

• Like 1

Crazy setlist monkey bastard! I can even imagine the stage props: wrenches, banana tree, and a giant inflatable King Kong emerging from a black top hat when Show Don'tTell kicks in

I will tell you this, It's time that Show Don't Tell returns to the setlist!

• Like 1