Are Alex & Jann Wenner Friends?

rushgoober

Sometimes you guys overanalyze stuff. He only looks like a douche because the name Jann Wenner is attached to the pic. He looks like a regular guy (despite the douchery we associate with him). If nobody knew what Jann looked like and some TRFer posted that SAME shot and said they met Lifeson, NOBODY here would say how bad that pic is. And as for Lifeson's smile....I've seen some pics posted on here of meet and greets where Alex and Geddy don't look too enthused. You can't take a nice photo all the time. But a (seemingly) forced smile doesn't necessarily mean you dislike the person you're posing next to.

http://bcarsonclemson.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/bulls-eye.jpg

Well yeah, if you feel like taking this thread seriously. But what's more important is where did they meet, and is it true that almost 90% of those photograghed with Wenner are unenthused. Those are the real questions.

"It can be most difficult to find clues when one does not know there is a mystery to be solved." ~ Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

I know it's kind of a reach, but seeing as they DO look friendly in that photo, maybe them being friendly had something to with them finally getting nominated? Or maybe he's just sucking up to the guys now that Rush is so popular and it's cool to like them? Regardless, it'd be interesting to know what their relationship is...

Alex doesn't look friendly.. he looks like he's tolerating a douchbag that is hanging onto his shoulder for dear life so he doesn't stumble and fall flat on his smug mug.

This is what I see

I guess what's most important is not how Alex feels in the picture, but how Jann Wenner does - if he was truly that enthusiastic to see Alex, it probably meant he had warmed to the group over the years - I guess the fan backlash made him go back and jam out to 2112, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures and made him go, "you know, these motherf*ckers are actually pretty damn good!" :haz: :P

:LOL: keep dreaming, the dude's too old and too much of a purist to like any rock song over 3 minutes

Rush is in the hall now. We need to let all the Wenner shit go. Lay it to rest man. :LOL:

seriously, the guy's a douche but sometimes the hate gets embarassingly personal, further perpetuating the stereotype that we're just some f*cked up cult of nerds

• Like 1

Rush is in the hall now. We need to let all the Wenner shit go. Lay it to rest man. :LOL:

seriously, the guy's a douche but sometimes the hate gets embarassingly personal, further perpetuating the stereotype that we're just some f*cked up cult of nerds

i don't really hate the guy - just annoyed that he was a large part of what kept rush out of the rrhof for so long and his willful ignorance of the band in rolling stone for decades. he's entitled to his bad taste in music. :P

but I mean, bands that he doesn't like, like led zeppelin and pink floyd, got in as soon as they were eligible if I'm correct

so I'm not sure WHO controls this stupid organization...a bunch of manatees pick the inductees at random I guess

but I mean, bands that he doesn't like, like led zeppelin and pink floyd, got in as soon as they were eligible if I'm correct

so I'm not sure WHO controls this stupid organization...a bunch of manatees pick the inductees at random I guess

It is illegal under federal and Florida law to injure or harm a manatee, or make them vote. They are classified as "endangered" by both the state and the federal governments, making them ineligible.

I'm sure there's a photo out there with a smiling Jann with his arm around an unenthused manatee, though.

Is that Charlie Watts in the background?

You know...I think it is!

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIxNTYzNjc1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzYwNjk1._V1._SX400_SY324_.jpg

I think we have all fallen victim to one of Goober's classic pranks.

Bazinga! :LMAO:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIxNTYzNjc1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzYwNjk1._V1._SX400_SY324_.jpg

WTF?

Are you saying that photo I found of Alex and Jann was photoshopped by someone? Damn, I sure feel stupid. No wonder no one had ever mentioned it on TRF before! Oh well... :blush:

WTF?

Are you saying that photo I found of Alex and Jann was photoshopped by someone? Damn, I sure feel stupid. No wonder no one had ever mentioned it on TRF before! Oh well... :blush:

Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhht. :laughing guy:

f*cked up cult of nerds.. Haha

WTF?

Goobs, awesome job man! Wow, it all makes sense now..

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/beeb.jpg

+

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ld/tff_rush_beyond_the_lighted_stage_250410/alex_lifeson_2819990.jpg

=

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/lifesonwennerparty.jpg

;)

Edited by rushgoober

WTF?

Goobs, awesome job man! Wow, it all makes sense now..

TY :)

Sometimes you guys overanalyze stuff. He only looks like a douche because the name Jann Wenner is attached to the pic. He looks like a regular guy (despite the douchery we associate with him). If nobody knew what Jann looked like and some TRFer posted that SAME shot and said they met Lifeson, NOBODY here would say how bad that pic is. And as for Lifeson's smile....I've seen some pics posted on here of meet and greets where Alex and Geddy don't look too enthused. You can't take a nice photo all the time. But a (seemingly) forced smile doesn't necessarily mean you dislike the person you're posing next to.

Well yeah, if you feel like taking this thread seriously. But what's more important is where did they meet, and is it true that almost 90% of those photograghed with Wenner are unenthused. Those are the real questions.

"It can be most difficult to find clues when one does not know there is a mystery to be solved." ~ Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

Oh, and btw, when I was trying to fill the thread with clues (like actually posting both of the pictures I used to photoshop the one in the OP), I created this Sherlock Holmes quote above. It's not a real quote, but it should be! :P

Oh, and btw, when I was trying to fill the thread with clues (like actually posting both of the pictures I used to photoshop the one in the OP), I created this Sherlock Holmes quote above. It's not a real quote, but it should be! :P

http://www.dialogus2.org/holmes.jpg"Elementary my dear Charlie Watts."

• Like 1

:doh: you're heart is as black as the night, goobs :LOL:

BTW, what is the origin of that photo?

It doesn't look like it's recent to me. Maybe 3-4 years old? (if not a little more maybe?)

I can't find it since it's linked to your photobucket rather than the original source.

Don't remember what site it came from.

The deliberate monkey wrench.

I though the solo contactmusic.com Alex photo was suspicious. I even googled for your photo and couldn't find it, yet didn't question things further.

So, when are you going to tell us your hate of VT is the most elaborate ruse in the history of TRF. :LOL:

It doesn't look like it's recent to me. Maybe 3-4 years old? (if not a little more maybe?)

I can't find it since it's linked to your photobucket rather than the original source.

I though the solo contactmusic.com Alex photo was suspicious. I even googled for your photo and couldn't find it, yet didn't question things further.

So, when are you going to tell us your hate of VT is the most elaborate ruse in the history of TRF. :LOL:

Don't hold your breath on that one. ;)

:doh: you're heart is as black as the night, goobs :LOL:

:LOL: It's really not. It's just that you spend enough time on an online forum that you get bored and you have to occasionally make shit up to keep it interesting. :P

Don't hold your breath on that one. ;)

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!!! :madra: