Are Alex & Jann Wenner Friends?

rushgoober

I know it's kind of a reach, but seeing as they DO look friendly in that photo, maybe them being friendly had something to with them finally getting nominated? Or maybe he's just sucking up to the guys now that Rush is so popular and it's cool to like them? Regardless, it'd be interesting to know what their relationship is...

I know it's kind of a reach, but seeing as they DO look friendly in that photo, maybe them being friendly had something to with them finally getting nominated? Or maybe he's just sucking up to the guys now that Rush is so popular and it's cool to like them? Regardless, it'd be interesting to know what their relationship is...

Alex doesn't look friendly.. he looks like he's tolerating a douchbag that is hanging onto his shoulder for dear life so he doesn't stumble and fall flat on his smug mug.

• Like 3

Alex doesn't look friendly.. he looks like he's tolerating a douchbag that is hanging onto his shoulder for dear life so he doesn't stumble and fall flat on his smug mug.

Possibly! He doesn't look like he's having a great time, but he doesn't look like he's having a terrible time either.

Possibly! He doesn't look like he's having a great time, but he doesn't look like he's having a terrible time either.

To me that does not look like a smile on Alex's face.. at least not a sincere one. It looks like one of those uncomfortable photos you are forced into taking with your weird aunt at Thanksgiving when you were praying she didn't see you by the pumpkin pie.

'That's just MY opinion, I could be wrong' - (thank you) Dennis Miller!

• Like 1

To me that does not look like a smile on Alex's face.. at least not a sincere one. It looks like one of those uncomfortable photos you are forced into taking with your weird aunt at Thanksgiving when you were praying she didn't see you by the pumpkin pie.

Ok, but even if that is the case, Jann Wenner sure seems awfully enthusiastic to be photographed with Alex. So maybe he warmed up to the band at some point? And if so, I wonder if that had any bearing on them finally getting nominating?

Ok, but even if that is the case, Jann Wenner sure seems awfully enthusiastic to be photographed with Alex. So maybe he warmed up to the band at some point? And if so, I wonder if that had any bearing on them finally getting nominating?

They got nominated due to the "changing of the guard" in the hierarchy at the HoF

• Like 1

They got nominated due to the "changing of the guard" in the hierarchy at the HoF

Doesn't Jann Wenner still have a huge influence on the RRHOF though? I mean, he even spoke at the show.

BTW, what is the origin of that photo?

It doesn't look like it's recent to me. Maybe 3-4 years old? (if not a little more maybe?)

I can't find it since it's linked to your photobucket rather than the original source.

I've been saying this about Rolling Stone as well. Guys like Lester Bangs are long gone. The younger writers grew with Rush, and I'm sure quite a few " get it"

I've been saying this about Rolling Stone as well. Guys like Lester Bangs are long gone. The younger writers grew with Rush, and I'm sure quite a few " get it"

I can see that, however I think it was probably more due to the growing intensity of hardcore Rush fans that finally put enough pressure on them that they stuck them on the ballot. Maybe they didn't think the people voting would let them in on the first go around? And maybe Beyond the Lighted Stage set the ball rolling, as well as I Love You, Man, Rock Band, Stephen Colbert and their growing popularity in the last few years. All of that could have put pressure on the nominating committee.

Edited by rushgoober

I can see that, however I think it was probably more due to the growing intensity of hardcore Rush fans that finally put enough pressure on them that they stuck them on the ballot. Maybe they didn't think the people voting would let them in on the first go around? And maybe Beyond the Lighted Stage set the ball rolling, as well as I Love You, Man, Stephen Colbert and their growing popularity in the last few years. All of that could have put pressure on the nominating committee.

Yeah, I think it's a combination of factors. I think the committee reexamined their career, and realized that , shit, Rush has a LOT of influence on well known bands of the last 20 years or so.. But I also believe that their are still quite a few critics/ music industry insiders who view them as a Spinal Tapish , joke hard rock band from 1977. Thankfully, guys like Grohl, Trent Reznor and Bikky Corgan outweigh those assholes.

This is what I see

Wenner is probably always enthusiastic to be photographed with a handsome man.

• Like 1

This is what I see

I guess what's most important is not how Alex feels in the picture, but how Jann Wenner does - if he was truly that enthusiastic to see Alex, it probably meant he had warmed to the group over the years - I guess the fan backlash made him go back and jam out to 2112, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures and made him go, "you know, these motherf*ckers are actually pretty damn good!" :haz: :P

BTW, what is the origin of that photo?

It doesn't look like it's recent to me. Maybe 3-4 years old? (if not a little more maybe?)

I can't find it since it's linked to your photobucket rather than the original source.

Don't remember what site it came from.

He has the same look on his face as when Dave Grohl was talking about his balls..