Seahawks 2013-2014 thread

Tom Sawyer

The hate comes with success, and our style of physical play and swagger.

Let's hope that we have to get used to it for years to come. We were quietly put in the corner and ignored for decades.

Let's hope that we have to get used to it for years to come. We were quietly put in the corner and ignored for decades.

I don't mind the physical style as long as you don't mind it in return, like the Percy Harvin hits which were fair IMO...

I don't mind the physical style as long as you don't mind it in return, like the Percy Harvin hits which were fair IMO...

I don't mind being played physical at all, and I'll grant the first hit as unintentional. The second shot in the end zone smelled of head hunting to me, though. I have never seen anyone target a player like that all season. We'll see if the league took any issue with that this week.

Just sayin', when your team was punished just last year for bounties it's not a great idea to target and headhunt high profile players in the playoffs when many more people than normal are watching.

I don't mind being played physical at all, and I'll grant the first hit as unintentional. The second shot in the end zone smelled of head hunting to me, though. I have never seen anyone target a player like that all season. We'll see if the league took any issue with that this week.

Just sayin', when your team was punished just last year for bounties it's not a great idea to target and headhunt high profile players in the playoffs when many more people than normal are watching.

Like I say these "tough" teams that play hard ball always whine when other teams play tough too. You got to be able to take it as well as dish it out.

My incoherent thoughts.

As a life long Niner fan I say you cannot ask for a better match up than Sunday. No matter what happens I love the anticipation and build up. After a decade of irrelevance it's just fun to be back in the mix. This reminds me of the Niners Cowboys days. Honestly I love to watch Sherman play and talk. I wish someone would give the Duck's their uniforms back but darn, if you're a football fan you have to respect how Seattle plays.

Good Luck to you guys on Sunday although I'll be yelling for you to get beat.

Edited by calirush
  • Like 1

So, who does everybody want to win this one, and who do you expect to win it?

I think Seattle will win, and I'd like to see SF win.

Wilson has not looked good and Kap has 101 yds rushing including 58 on one play.

The Seahawks hype train in danger of being derailed then?

I saw a lot of people on the Niners bandwagon this week, actually.

I was surprised because I thought the Seahawks would win rather easily.

Wilson has not looked good and Kap has 101 yds rushing including 58 on one play.

The problem with the Seahawks is their passing attack has been getting progressively more anemic each week. Last week against us their offense was just Marshawn Lynch on his own, so if Lynch gets stopped the Seahawks get stopped.

• Like 1

Did someone say bandwagon? :cheerleader: Red & Gold, even!
  • Like 1

That's the kind of play he makes though from time to time.

He's been toning it down during the regular season, knowing that running invites the hard hit. The Super Bowl's on the line now, So Kap's gonna be a factor.
  • Like 1

The problem with the Seahawks is their passing attack has been getting progressively more anemic each week. Last week against us their offense was just Marshawn Lynch on his own, so if Lynch gets stopped the Seahawks get stopped.

Lynch doesn't seem to be navigating the gaps like he did last week. Granted, SF's doing a good job closing holes.

Did someone say bandwagon? :cheerleader: Red & Gold, even!

Don't you go back with the Niners all the way to Joe Perry, Hugh McElhanney, and RC "Alley Oop" Owens?

Or that half year where Red Hickey ran the shotgun offense in the early 60s?

That's the kind of play he makes though from time to time.

He's been toning it down during the regular season, knowing that running invites the hard hit. The Super Bowl's on the line now, So Kap's gonna be a factor.

Just good strategy...