The Weapon

theanalogmiddleagedman

Every time I watch the GuP video, I start off watching the Weapon just kind of thinking that it is an ok song. When Alex kicks in at the end, though, the song goes to a whole other level. What a great, emotionally moving solo. It makes the song.

Does anyone else feel this way about the song?

Nope. Always loved this song and that version is probably my favorite. That whole DVD is nothing short of awesome.

I don't know if the old Second City TV show (SCTV) was ever aired in the US, but it was a huge show in Canada back in the late 70s and 80s. The guy who does the dracula bit in the opening video for The Weapon is Joe Flaherty. Funny as hell... he is originally from Chicago, but moved to Toronto to do this SCTV show.

I remember living in Toronto back in the early 80s and watching SCTV all the time. In the weekly show opeing, they had a clip where they threw about a dozen TV sets over the balcony of a high-rise apartment building... hilarious. The show was sort of like Canada's answer to SNL, only it wasn't broadcast live. And, a much smaller budget, obviously. But, FUNNY as F**K!

John Candy was in it, along with Martin Short, Eugene Levy, Harold Ramis, Dave Thomas, Rick Moranis (Bob & Doug McKenzie), Andrea Martin, Catherine O'Hara and a bunch of other crazy-ass Canucks.