Name Your Favorite Pink Floyd Songs!

rushgoober

Is it ok not to like Pink Floyd? Because honestly, I cannot stand them. Will I go to hell for this?

While it is OK to not like Pink Floyd, it most certainly is not OK to like Pink Floyd and not like "The Final Cut".

:bitchslap:

(Sorry Rushgoober, I just couldn't help myself!)

Is it ok not to like Pink Floyd? Because honestly, I cannot stand them. Will I go to hell for this?

While it is OK to not like Pink Floyd, it most certainly is not OK to like Pink Floyd and not like "The Final Cut".

:bitchslap:

(Sorry Rushgoober, I just couldn't help myself!)

:LOL:

(It's ok dude, don't worry about it! BUT... you're still wrong... :P)

• Like 1

1. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (also My favorite song of all time)

2. Echoes

3. Dogs

4. Brain Damage/Eclipse

5. Wish You Were Here

6. In the Flesh

7. Arnold Layne

8. On The Turning Away

9. The Great Gig in the Sky

10. Wot"s Uh....The Deal

11. Interstellar Overdrive

12. Time/Breathe(reprise)

13.Coming Back to Life

14. Pigs (Three Different Ones)

15. A Saucerful of Secrets (Live versions with David on ending vocals)

(Least Favorite/Dislike)

1. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

1 to 12 - The songs from The Final Cut

Dem's de facts.

:goodone: "The Final Cut" is an amazing and underrated album, that is, indeed, a fact! :goodone:

If by that you mean horribly depressing and therefore the only Pink Floyd album that is completely unlistenable despite stellar production values, then I agree too. :wacko:

Seriously though, The Final Cut is PInk Floyd's Vapor Trails, except with superior sound quality, but the album is still pretty bad - should have been a Roger Waters solo album.

If anything, it's way overrated, even though it's generally considered to be Pink Floyd's worst. That, my friends, is a FACT. ;)

Yeah, because you say so, holy overlord of piffle and nonsense. Shouldn't you be in another room pissing all over VT, coz that schtick is so hilarious, and is not old at all.

Some of us love The Final Cut. Get over it. The thread is about individual forum member favourite Floyd songs, is it not? Or is just another vehicle for the archduke of progland to lord over us??? Hmmmmmmm????????????

Oh yeah, ahem, ;)

And your top 50 sucks! Truly.

:LOL: HA&S, dude, stop beating around the bush and tell me how you REALLY feel. :yes: ;)

alright, alright, i know i'm way too in love with my opinions. too late to change that now. but just MAYBE you think my top 50 list sucks because its awesomeness terrifies you? :huh: :P

ok, prolly not. :no:

if i ever do another radio show, i am SO using the nickname "the archduke of progland" :ebert:

I don't mean to ostracize you for your opinion, but how can one not like "The Final Cut"? It has a beautiful contrast between orchestration, and Gilmour's droning guitar solos, and the lyrics are truly melancholic and still hold up politically today. It is essentially a Roger's solo album, but aren't all Pink Floyd albums after Meddle essentially Roger's albums? It's not their best, in my opinion, but it's up there.

Anyway here's my top 10:

1. Time (the solo still gives me goosebumps, and is what got me into Pink Floyd)

2. Echoes

3. Your Possible Pasts

4. Dogs

5. Shine on You Crazy Diamond Parts I-IX

6. Let There be More Light

7. Corporal Clegg

8. Hey You

9. A Saucer of Secrets (Live in Pompeii)

10. High Hopes

Dem's de facts.

:goodone: "The Final Cut" is an amazing and underrated album, that is, indeed, a fact! :goodone:

If by that you mean horribly depressing and therefore the only Pink Floyd album that is completely unlistenable despite stellar production values, then I agree too. :wacko:

Seriously though, The Final Cut is PInk Floyd's Vapor Trails, except with superior sound quality, but the album is still pretty bad - should have been a Roger Waters solo album.

If anything, it's way overrated, even though it's generally considered to be Pink Floyd's worst. That, my friends, is a FACT. ;)

Dem's de facts.

I was wondering how you get around to dogging VT in this thread! :notworthy:

Dem's de facts.

Yeah, because you say so, holy overlord of piffle and nonsense. Shouldn't you be in another room pissing all over VT, coz that schtick is so hilarious, and is not old at all.

Some of us love The Final Cut. Get over it. The thread is about individual forum member favourite Floyd songs, is it not? Or is just another vehicle for the archduke of progland to lord over us??? Hmmmmmmm????????????

Oh yeah, ahem, ;)

And your top 50 sucks! Truly.

:LOL: HA&S, dude, stop beating around the bush and tell me how you REALLY feel. :yes: ;)

alright, alright, i know i'm way too in love with my opinions. too late to change that now. but just MAYBE you think my top 50 list sucks because its awesomeness terrifies you? :huh: :P

ok, prolly not. :no:

if i ever do another radio show, i am SO using the nickname "the archduke of progland" :ebert:

I don't mean to ostracize you for your opinion, but how can one not like "The Final Cut"? It has a beautiful contrast between orchestration, and Gilmour's droning guitar solos, and the lyrics are truly melancholic and still hold up politically today. It is essentially a Roger's solo album, but aren't all Pink Floyd albums after Meddle essentially Roger's albums? It's not their best, in my opinion, but it's up there.

Feel free to ostracize away! :P

I don't think it's fair to say everything after Meddle is a Roger Waters solo album. Yes, from DSOTM on, his influence got stronger and stronger, but the other members still had a lot of input, at least up to a point.

DSOTM was about life and things that drive people mad, but still it's hopeful and deep. WYWH definitely has a lot more cynicism, save for Shine on You Crazy Diamond, which was a beautiful Syd tribute - still, great Pink Floyd atmosphere abounds. By Animals, it was really starting to get dark, but the music was so damn phenomenal that I still enjoy it, if not as much as I did when I was younger.

The Wall is starting to get really dark and often depressing. I used to love it, but now I can't listen to it except for certain songs like Comfortably Numb and a handful of others. Still, it's a brilliant concept and incredibly realized, if somewhat overblown and pretty bleak. The other members still had some influence, especially musically, but by then it was getting to be more of the Roger Waters show.

By the time of The Final Cut, the other members had practically no influence, and Richard Wright was out of the band entirely. David Gilmour wasn't happy with it at all, but his voice was really drowned out by that point.

And really, no offense meant to those who like or love the album, but take a look at the lyrics and compare them to anything pre-Animals. What the hell happened? Someone took Pink Floyd, this group that were masters of atmosphere, made surreal masterpieces and deep commentaries about life and replaced it with this bleak, depressing, political agenda. And guess what? Roger's father died in the war. :sarcastic: I feel for the guy, but wasn't The Wall cathartic enough for him? Did we really need to keep hearing about it?

Basically, I really have no interest in solo Roger Waters material, and The Final Cut, for all intents and purposes, was a solo Waters album, just with cool guitars and fantastic production. I find the subject matter depressing and unlistenable.

Again, if you enjoy it, great... but you asked! ;)

• Like 1

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

Cool list. :yes:

Some interesting choices that make me want to go back and listen to some tracks I haven't heard in awhile. :)

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

Some interesting choices that make me want to go back and listen to some tracks I haven't heard in awhile. :)

Thanks man. Some of my picks might be headscratchers, but I can promise that they all work nicely on headphones—the best way to listen to the Floyd.

I dig your list too. It reminds me that I need to work on familiarizing myself with the Syd era.

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

Thanks man. Some of my picks might be headscratchers, but I can promise that they all work nicely on headphones—the best way to listen to the Floyd.

I dig your list too. It reminds me that I need to work on familiarizing myself with the Syd era.

I'm sure some of my choices are even more headscratchery. Your list is definitely making me want to revisit Obscured By Clouds - it's been awhile!

For me the long lost soundtrack album that tops More and Obscured By Clouds even is Zabriskie Point. Even though they only had 3 tracks on the official soundtrack, they recorded a whole album's worth of material, and the rest is available in various formats - some truly EXCELLENT material there IMHO...

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

Lots of love for Obscured By Clouds. Nice. Their second best album, after The Final Cut. Oh yes.

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

Lots of love for Obscured By Clouds. Nice. Their second best album, after The Final Cut. Oh yes.

Really?

Um, I mean, yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly! :yes: :yes: :no: :yes:

Please don't hurt me. :unsure: :P

:unsure:

• Like 1

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

Really?

:hockeygoon: :bang bang:

:fury: :blaze: etc....

(Least Favorite/Dislike)

1. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

It's definitely not my LEAST favorite Pink Floyd song, but it was an experiment that just didn't work at all.

I don't mind the music in this song, it's nice and mellow, featuring some good piano work from Rick Wright..... But the breaks in the song that feature the breakfast and eating sounds and people talking about marmalade annoy the hell out of, and ruin the song for me.

Basically, I really have no interest in solo Roger Waters material, and The Final Cut, for all intents and purposes, was a solo Waters album, just with cool guitars and fantastic production. I find the subject matter depressing and unlistenable.

Again, if you enjoy it, great... but you asked! ;)

Rogers actual solo material I find enjoyable... Hitchhiking was fantastic, short, but not overly dark like The Wall, or Final Cut... Nor even Animals. And if you can get past Rogers politics "Amused to Death" is phenomenal

Other than a couple of tracks I've never been too impressed with Radio KAOS though.

Edited by The Owl

1) Echoes

2) Dogs

3) Us and Them

4) Wish You Were Here

5) Green is the Colour

6) Brain Damage

7) Mother

8) Time

9) A Pillow of Winds

10) Comfortably Numb

11) Wot's... Uh the Deal

12) Cymbaline

13) Coming Back to Life

14) Poles Apart

15) Breathe

16) Mudmen

17) Fearless

18) Astronomy Domine

19) Goodbye Blue Sky

20) Summer of 68

21) Stay

22) Nobody Home

23) Eclipse

24) Sheep

25) Childhood's End

Really?

I don't not like any of these songs