It's just a flesh wound

Lost In Xanadu

What a trooper!!

http://espn.go.com/g...-bite-australia

Swedish golfer Daniela Holmqvist said she was bitten midround by the highly poisonous spider while playing in a pre-qualifier for the LPGA Tour's ISPS Handa Australian Open in Yarralumla, Australia.

Holmqvist was bitten around her sock line on the fourth hole of the Royal Canberra Golf Club on Tuesday, saying she felt a sharp pain before swatting away the ankle-biting arachnid.

"When I told the local caddies in my group what had happened, they got very upset and said it was a black widow and immediately started looking for their phones to call the medics," Holmqvist told Svensk Golf, according to Golf Digest.

But with her round already under way, Holmqvist did what any golfer would do: cut out the venom with a golf tee.

"It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever done, but I had to get as much of it out of me as possible," Holmqvist said of her self-performed surgery.

Despite the pain and anxiety she said she felt, Holmqvist finished the final 14 holes of her round while under the watchful eye of course doctors.

"It still hurts," Holmqvist said Tuesday night. "I don't recommend getting bitten by a black widow."

Holmqvist finished with a 74 and did not make the tournament.

That really bites.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Australian Golf Digest later reported the spider was a redback, a widow relative that is also dangerous.

I would have taken a stroke off her round for her fortitude, but she still wouldn't have qualified.

http://theprojecttv.com.au/images/RedbackSpiderW_rdax_384x216.jpg

:musicnote: Love bites, but so do I, so do I! :musicnote:

She's the kinda chick that doesn't need an epidural.

I think that most of the women in the LPGA will never need an epidural. ;)

• Like 1

Your arm's off!

No it isn't.

I'll bite yer legs off

Said the spider, now famous ankle biter.. then exclaimed, "Come on ya pansy!"

A spider once bit my sister.....