New Orleans SAINTS official thread 2013-14

treeduck

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Meetings by Team

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/saintsb_logo.gif New Orleans Saints:

Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M (EW) (VINT)

???

And what's "VINT", or shouldn't I ask?

Well we know what the EW is I think...

VINT & EW...what do these mean?? Sorry, I don't follow the draft that closely....

:huh:

???

VINT & EW...what do these mean?? Sorry, I don't follow the draft that closely....

VINT = very interested

EW = East West Shrine game

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2pp0tcj.jpg

Of these times, Ty Powell's is by far the most impressive. Anyone can run a 4.64 40 flaccid.

New Orleans Saints ‏@Saints The Saints have hired Wesley McGriff as secondary coach

New Orleans Saints ‏@Saints McGriff comes to the Saints after serving as co-defensive coordinator/cornerbacks coach at Ole Miss

The New Orleans Saints have hired Wesley McGriff as the team’s secondary coach, Head Coach Sean Payton announced Monday.

McGriff comes to the Saints after serving as co-defensive coordinator/cornerbacks at the University of Mississippi in 2012.

McGriff, a 22-year coaching veteran in the college ranks, helped the Rebels improve from a 2-10 campaign in 2011 to a 7-6 record in 2012 including a 38-17 victory over Pittsburgh in the 2013 BBVA Compass Bowl and three more Southeastern Conference victories than the previous season.

Under McGriff’s direction in the regular season, Mississippi finished second in the SEC and in the top 15 in the NCAA in tackles for a loss per game (7.7) and sacks per game (2.8). LB Denzel Nkemdiche was named to the Football Writers Association of America All-America Team. DT Isaac Gross earned SEC All-Freshman honor from league coaches and was named to the Freshman All-America first team by CollegeFootballNews.com.

The Tifton, Ga. native has a proven track record for developing defensive backs on the collegiate level including New York Giants S Kenny Phillips, Green Bay Packers DB Sam Shields, Houston Texans CB Brandon Harris and New York Jets DB Yeremiah Bell.

Prior to joining the Rebels, McGriff spent one year at Vanderbilt where he served as defensive backs coach/recruiting coordinator and helped the program to its fifth bowl appearance. His secondary produced 12 interceptions, three returns for touchdowns, and more than 20 pass breakups. He spent four years at the University of Miami coaching defensive backs before moving to the Commodores, where he tutored Harris, Phillips and Shields. The 2010 Hurricanes defensive unit finished ranked second in the nation in pass defense. He served as recruiting coordinator/defensive backs at Baylor from 2003-06 and enjoyed his first major college stint at the University of Kentucky from 2001-02.

As the secondary coach at Eastern Kentucky in 2000, McGriff tutored Bell, who was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in 2003 in the sixth round. He also previously held the role of defensive coordinator at Kentucky State and at his alma mater, Savannah State.

McGriff played outside linebacker at Savannah State for three seasons and was named 1989 conference Male Academic Athlete of the Year. He received his bachelor’s degree while graduating cum laude from Savannah State in 1900 and earned a master’s in public administration from Georgia Southern in 1993.

???

VINT = very interested

Thanks Duckie!!! To me, most rookies are overrated so I don't pay much attention to them! Case in point, RGIII..he blew his knee in his first pro season? Playing too aggressively trying to prove that he's a hotshot...please!!!!.....There's a big difference between college and pro football IMO.

:ebert: :cheers: :hi:

???

VINT = very interested

Thanks Duckie!!! To me, most rookies are overrated so I don't pay much attention to them! Case in point, RGIII..he blew his knee in his first pro season? Playing too aggressively trying to prove that he's a hotshot...please!!!!.....There's a big difference between college and pro football IMO.

He can buy some plastic knees with his big paycheck can't he? Polythene, then he can be called RG(C2H4)nH2!

• Like 2

Colston signed his five-year, $36.3 million deal just last March, but the Saints are up against the cap. It's likely his $4.5 million salary has been reduced to the league minimum, with the rest turned into a signing bonus that will prorate over the final four years of his deal.

Saints restructure Ben Grubbs' deal

February, 27, 2013

FEB 27

6:21

PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

The New Orleans Saints have shaved $3 million in salary-cap room by restructuring the contract of guard Ben Grubbs, according to a league source.

Grubbs restructured his contract earlier this week to help the Saints who had been more than $14 million over the cap. The Saints simply handed Grubbs a $4 million signing bonus up front.

That lowered his base salary from $5.2 million to $1.2 million and the signing bonus is pro-rated over the remainder of the contract.

Larry Holder @LarryHolder

Another one. RT @espn_nfcsouth: Saints restructure Hawthorne's deal http://es.pn/XbMrx7

11:43 PM - 27 Feb 13

Saints restructure Hawthorne's deal

The New Orleans Saints are continuing to work toward getting under the salary cap. In addition to the contract restructure for guard Ben Grubbs that w

ESPN @espn

???

VINT = very interested

He can buy some plastic knees with his big paycheck can't he? Polythene, then he can be called RG(C2H4)nH2!

:LMAO:

Duckie, never knew you were into chemistry! Seriously, all of his $$$ doesn't make a difference to me..he's too full of himself...careful, his knees might melt with all the pressure...then what? :laughing yellow guy:

???

VINT = very interested

:LMAO:

Duckie, never knew you were into chemistry! Seriously, all of his $$$ doesn't make a difference to me..he's too full of himself...careful, his knees might melt with all the pressure...then what? :laughing yellow guy:

The Redskins are wishing they'd drafted Russell Wilson, no knee problems, no draft picks sent to the Rams!

Humm, nice management accounting taking place here! ;)

I think we're under the cap now with those four restructures saving us $10 million, plus $4 million for Lofton's restructure and 2 millon when we cut David Thomas and Johnny Patrick. Now we need to save another $20 odd million sorting out Harper, Vilma and Will Smith.

Salary cap is set at $123 million.

So...

WWL-TV Sports @wwltvsports

@ $121.1 million: Saints are over by about $6.5 million. @ $122: It's $5.6 million. @ $123: It's just $4.6 million. They're getting closer.

WWL-TV Sports @wwltvsports

It's actually better for the #Saints. With Colston added (forgot to put that in the spreadsheet), it would be only $4.4 over at $121.1 mil

So the Saints are now only $2.5 million over the salary cap, with Vilma, Will Smith, Harper, Herring soon to be restructured/cut.

I think we're under the cap now with those four restructures saving us $10 million, plus $4 million for Lofton's restructure and 2 millon when we cut David Thomas and Johnny Patrick. Now we need to save another $20 odd million sorting out Harper, Vilma and Will Smith.

This kinda shit just drives this accountant nuts!!!! What happened to the budgeting/forecasting beforehand...oh, I know...shit right out the window!!! Creative accounting...just two steps away from Enron, WorldCom, etc....but answers this question: What do you want the final number to be?

:rage: :rage: :rage:

This kinda shit just drives this accountant nuts!!!! What happened to the budgeting/forecasting beforehand...oh, I know...shit right out the window!!! Creative accounting...just two steps away from Enron, WorldCom, etc....but answers this question: What do you want the final number to be?

:rage: :rage: :rage:

The GM's are all accountants I think, except the ones who are not... :ph34r: