New Orleans SAINTS official thread 2013-14

treeduck

The swarming Seattle Seahawks defense was excellent as a group Saturday against New Orleans. But no one was better than safety Earl Thomas, who helped to hold Jimmy Graham to just eight yards receiving.

After the game, the Seahawks' defense wasn't afraid to honk about it.

Defensive end Michael Bennett said Graham was soft and the most overrated player in the NFL, according to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman.

Bennett and the Seahawks' defense were extra fired up because of a pregame dust-up between Graham and several Seahawks, including Bruce Irvin. It started when Irvin asked Graham to get out of the Seahawks' area, according to USA Today.

Graham's response: "I'm Jimmy."

Irvin's retort: "Who's Jimmy?"

Fun. Graham is neither overrated nor soft. He's played all season through injury with effectiveness. But the winning team can say what they want, and the Seahawks' defense can keep talking for at least another week.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-soft-overrated

Yeah I saw all that.

The swarming Seattle Seahawks defense was excellent as a group Saturday against New Orleans. But no one was better than safety Earl Thomas, who helped to hold Jimmy Graham to just eight yards receiving.

Defensive end Michael Bennett said Graham was soft and the most overrated player in the NFL, according to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman.

Bennett and the Seahawks' defense were extra fired up because of a pregame dust-up between Graham and several Seahawks, including Bruce Irvin. It started when Irvin asked Graham to get out of the Seahawks' area, according to USA Today.

Fun. Graham is neither overrated nor soft. He's played all season through injury with effectiveness. But the winning team can say what they want, and the Seahawks' defense can keep talking for at least another week.

Yeah I saw all that.

Yeah, but if I didn't post it my post count would remain where it was...

Yeah I saw all that.

Yeah, but if I didn't post it my post count would remain where it was...

Hmmmm

I think it might be time for a new SAINTS thread...

Hey Treeduck... I missed it, but what was the reason given by the receiver (Colston?) for throwing the illegal forward pass on the last play of the game? Did he think they had run out of time and he was trying a lateral? Did he get a lot of flack, get kicked off the team etc. after that mistake, or was there forgiveness? What was the team and fan reaction to the play? (could he not have simply stepped out of bounds, stopped the clock, and allowed 1 final Hail Mary attempt?) Sorry if this was already covered, but could you please recap it for me?

Hey Treeduck... I missed it, but what was the reason given by the receiver (Colston?) for throwing the illegal forward pass on the last play of the game? Did he think they had run out of time and he was trying a lateral? Did he get a lot of flack, get kicked off the team etc. after that mistake, or was there forgiveness? What was the team and fan reaction to the play? (could he not have simply stepped out of bounds, stopped the clock, and allowed 1 final Hail Mary attempt?) Sorry if this was already covered, but could you please recap it for me?

It was a designed play that they'd worked on so he was just following Sean Payton's call.