Let Me Beat A Dead Horse(Vapor Trails)

presto123

anyway, we'll see if rush ever decides to redo VT, but it's been quite a few years of them saying they were going to do it and then putting it off. methinks if they REALLY wanted to do this, they'd have found a way to do it by now. i really don't see it happening at this point. :no:

Oh I think you'll find you're wrong on that. :P

I'll jump in here before you two create another "quote vortex" lol

I think they may do it but maybe towards the end of their career or when Rush is done.. They're too busy right now doing what they've always done.. Looking forward!

If Rush calls it quits because of Neil for example, why wouldn't Geddy or Alex take on the project if they're not busy making new music or touring? They already expressed interest in it..

I think they may do it but maybe towards the end of their career or when Rush is done.. They're too busy right now doing what they've always done.. Looking forward!

If Rush calls it quits because of Neil for example, why wouldn't Geddy or Alex take on the project if they're not busy making new music or touring? They already expressed interest in it..

I'm sure they'll make a 5.1 version after some company decides to take the leap and do it with every Rush album. So, it will come eventually...just within the next 5 decades. lol

Another very real possibility is that they realize in retrospect that it's far from their best work, to say the least. It's very likely that they keep putting it off because even though they're fully cognizant of there being MAJOR sound problems, they also don't want to spend any time or money on an album that they know isn't up to their standards. Of course they would never admit that, just say that it was made during a tough period for the band, etc., which is also true...

• Like 1

Another very real possibility is that they realize in retrospect that it's far from their best work, to say the least. It's very likely that they keep putting it off because even though they're fully cognizant of there being MAJOR sound problems, they also don't want to spend any time or money on an album that they know isn't up to their standards. Of course they would never admit that, just say that it was made during a tough period for the band, etc., which is also true...

You're assuming a lot and taking your own opinions as fact as usual, but of course it's just part of your VT troll routine... :hi:

• Like 1

You're assuming a lot and taking your own opinions as fact as usual, but of course it's just part of your VT troll routine... :hi:

In all fairness to Goober, the title of the thread DOES reference flagellating an expired equine...

In all fairness to Goober, the title of the thread DOES reference flagellating an expired equine...

There can be no fairness when it comes to Gary JJ rushgoober III and VT :no: he used up his quota years ago.

• Like 1

:LOL: very true! i can learn to resist anything but temptation. :P

beating Equine to death eh?....lot of going on in England in reference to lasagna.

Vapor Trail has many very well written songs with possibly the worse mix/ sound ever. I believe it would benefit from a sonic make-over. I know the remix of OLV was much better than the original. It should at least be attempted. I would love to hear Secret Touch mixed correctly with the proper seperation in instruments ala: Snakes and Arrows.

:codger:

• Like 1

Vapor Trail has many very well written songs with possibly the worse mix/ sound ever. I believe it would benefit from a sonic make-over. I know the remix of OLV was much better than the original. It should at least be attempted. I would love to hear Secret Touch mixed correctly with the proper seperation in instruments ala: Snakes and Arrows.

:codger:

Separation? S&A is a clusterf*** of guitar tracks. lol. Hemispheres and Moving Pictures would be a good example.

I'd love to hear a remix of this fantastic album! Hell, while they're at it I'd love to hear a 5.1 mix, too. Both Vapor Trails and Feedback sound like they were rejuvenated, as if they somehow tapped into that youthful energy and inspiration not heard since around the mid 1980s. It must have been the "blood, sweat and tears." I guess there really is something to be said for suffering for your art, because the vibe and inspiration on these albums is so incredibly heartfelt. It's downright shameful that VT has been neglected by the band for so long.

Personal favs: Ceiling Unlimited, Peaceable Kingdom, Earthshine, Out Of The Cradle. But, really, there's not a clunker to be found on VT! REMIX it NOW, fellas!!!

:)

• Like 5

Lyrically it's outstanding. Musicianship is high by any standard, but considering their layoff and the reason for it, it's unheard of. The mixing isn't perfect, but so what? To redo would very likely make no economic sense.That's why it hasn't been done. They have many more positive—and profitable—things to do!
  • Like 2

I'd love to hear a remix of this fantastic album! Hell, while they're at it I'd love to hear a 5.1 mix, too. Both Vapor Trails and Feedback sound like they were rejuvenated, as if they somehow tapped into that youthful energy and inspiration not heard since around the mid 1980s. It must have been the "blood, sweat and tears." I guess there really is something to be said for suffering for your art, because the vibe and inspiration on these albums is so incredibly heartfelt. It's downright shameful that VT has been neglected by the band for so long.

Personal favs: Ceiling Unlimited, Peaceable Kingdom, Earthshine, Out Of The Cradle. But, really, there's not a clunker to be found on VT! REMIX it NOW, fellas!!!

Great first post. Great post. Welcome :cheers:

• Like 2

I hope Goober doesn't read this post. :LOL:

• Like 1

Duckman it's par for the course with Goober. He's the only Rush fan in the galaxy who could emit from his formerly nicotine stained fingers that listening to "Headlong Flight" is a chore. Soon Xanadu will be too heavy a burden to bear. Edited by Tombstone Mountain

http://www.memes.at/faces/double_facepalm.jpg

Edited by rushgoober

it's par for the course with Goober. He's the only Rush fan in the galaxy who could emit from his formerly nicotine stained fingers that listening to "Headlong Flight" is a chore. Soon Xanadu will be too heavy a burden to bear.

Feel free to hold on to my original opinion of Headlong Flight shortly after it came out if you need to for whatever reason, but I haven't felt that way for several months about the song. Here's one example, and there are many, many more if you want to search for my name and Headlong Flight:

Caravan - 9.5/10

BU2B - 9.5/10

Clockwork Angels - 10/10

The Anarchist - 9/10

Carnies - 8.5/10

Halo Effect - 6.5/10

Seven Cities of Gold - 8.5/10

The Wreckers - 9.5/10

Headlong Flight - 10/10

BU2B2 - 1/10

Wish Them Well - 9/10

The Garden - 10/10

Ok, I'm rating this album against itself, meaning the very best songs get a 10/10. If I try to use a universal rating system for songs that includes all Rush songs, I'll go crazy, as if Xanadu gets a 10, I couldn't give anything on this album a 10, but so many of the songs here are perfect or near perfect, that I can't give them less than a 9 or 10 anyway.

Edited by rushgoober

it's par for the course with Goober. He's the only Rush fan in the galaxy who could emit from his formerly nicotine stained fingers that listening to "Headlong Flight" is a chore. Soon Xanadu will be too heavy a burden to bear.

Feel free to hold on to my original opinion of Headlong Flight shortly after it came out if you need to for whatever reason, but I haven't felt that way for several months about the song. Here's one example, and there are many, many more if you want to search for my name and Headlong Flight:

Caravan - 9.5/10

BU2B - 9.5/10

Clockwork Angels - 10/10

The Anarchist - 9/10

Carnies - 8.5/10

Halo Effect - 6.5/10

The Wreckers - 9.5/10

Headlong Flight - 10/10

BU2B2 - 1/10

Wish Them Well - 9/10

The Garden - 10/10

Ok, I'm rating this album against itself, meaning the very best songs get a 10/10. If I try to use a universal rating system for songs that includes all Rush songs, I'll go crazy, as if Xanadu gets a 10, I couldn't give anything on this album a 10, but so many of the songs here are perfect or near perfect, that I can't give them less than a 9 or 10 anyway.

This really is the essence or Rush. Because of their diversity it is really hard to match some of their material with other material. You can love different albums but feel conflicted to try and rate them against each other.

http://www.memes.at/faces/double_facepalm.jpg

:eyeroll: This is your response to a new members articulate intelligent first post? You truly are a Vapor Trails troll.

Caravan - 9.5/10

BU2B - 9.5/10

Clockwork Angels - 10/10

The Anarchist - 9/10

Carnies - 8.5/10

Halo Effect - 6.5/10

The Wreckers - 9.5/10

Headlong Flight - 10/10

BU2B2 - 1/10

Wish Them Well - 9/10

The Garden - 10/10

Yeah you did issue a "Mea Culpa"...gotta give ya that (probably because of the pressure of being the only human to listen to the song and make that statement)...but it does demonstrate your fallibility. You said your opinion changed after you heard the entire album. OK...it took you listening to the whole LP just to figure out that HF is amazing? Couldn't do it letting the song stand on its own?

I'm telling you right now—your suspect!

-Ben Affleck, Good Will Hunting

It's not gonna happen at this point. The remixes on the Retro 3 cd are as close as we will get.

...and they both suck. If that is what we'd have to look forward to on a VT re-release I'd rather the idea be shelved.

And thrown out

And put into a trash compactor.

Then incinerated.

:eyeroll: This is your response to a new members articulate intelligent first post? You truly are a Vapor Trails troll.

No sweat, Lerxster. It's all good. Thanks for the kind words, though.

If you stick around here, you'll discover that goober's shtick is being a VT troll. I mean, he didn't get his member title from his evenhanded criticism of VT. It's usually ignorable, but I found his reply to you rude being it was your first post. But yes, it is all good. :cheers:

• Like 1

I agree with you. Bad mix or not (which I can hear but don't care about in the least) it's a kick ass album that is HEAVY.

Condemned2bfree once said about Clockwork Angels: it doesn't matter if it's played in a car, a stereo, or on a cassette recorder—it still sounds good.

VT has fantastic songs and is a historical marker for the band...and it kicks ass

Welcome to The Rush Forum brotha! :goodone:

• Like 2