Does anyone happen to know... TM Tour.

Thunder Bay Rush

I just watched "Time Machine in Cleveland" (again, for my be the 10th time) and on both Alex and Geddy's microphone stand there is something attached about half way up. It looks like some sort of mic, but what for? It's positioned about halfway up from the floor, so it's obviously not for singing... unless they bring out a midget halfway through Working Man or soemthing. (Oooops, sorry, "Little Person.")

What the hell are those things? Does anyone know?

Also, the next time I hear some dude say that there are 99% males at Rush concerts, I'm gonna ("gonna" - Canadian for "going to") kick him right square in the balls ("balls" - universal for "testicles"). There are TONS of women at that show and 99% of them are seriously HAWT. Same with S & A in Holland... Rio... R 30... all of them.

YAY for HAWT Rush women!

• Like 2

I just watched "Time Machine in Cleveland" (again, for my be the 10th time) and on both Alex and Geddy's microphone stand there is something attached about half way up. It looks like some sort of mic, but what for? It's positioned about halfway up from the floor, so it's obviously not for singing... unless they bring out a midget halfway through Working Man or soemthing. (Oooops, sorry, "Little Person.")

Also, the next time I hear some dude say that there are 99% males at Rush concerts, I'm gonna ("gonna" - Canadian for "going to") kick him right square in the balls ("balls" - universal for "testicles"). There are TONS of women at that show and 99% of them are seriously HAWT. Same with S & A in Holland... Rio... R 30... all of them.

YAY for HAWT Rush women!

ANd Im one of those female fans in the audience. least the bathroom line doesnt get to long !

• Like 2

Funny I just watched the same tour last night! I saw those too, almost looked like a star inside a circle? I thought they looked like old style microphones, in keeping with the steampunk style they have been using lately. I don't think they actually work just looks cool. Edited by Rhyta

YAY for HAWT Rush women!

ANd Im one of those female fans in the audience. least the bathroom line doesnt get to long !

:LOL: True. I have never stood in a long restroom line at a Rush show either.

Thanks, TBR. :blush:

• Like 1

YAY for HAWT Rush women!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you ol' hound dawg....

Funny I just watched the same tour last night! I saw those too, almost looked like a star inside a circle? I thought they looked like old style microphones, in keeping with the steampunk style they have been using lately. I don't think they actually work just looks cool.

Yes, those star with the circle things... look like some type of microphone. I think there were mic cables going into them... so I think Wagtang might be right...

Wagtang wrote - I'm pretty sure they're to record the audience, but I may be wrong.

Thx!

Now - back to the HAWT chicks part...

YAY for HAWT Rush women!

Yes, it is one of the benefits of being a woman at a Rush concert. I even made note of it in my Time Machine Review. http://ezinearticles...lons&id=5216622 Edited by vitalsigns318
  • Like 1

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're not functional... they're just decorative.

Kinda like when Geddy had the mic's in front of his dryers during the VT tour for the "Clean, dry sound".

This. Same with the various little gauges on Neil's drum hardware. It's just part of the steampunk motif.

They had them this year, as well

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/Rush%20Cleveland/IMG_1667.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/Rush%20Cleveland/IMG_1676.jpg

There was also a fair number of hotties at the Cleveland Clockwork Angels Tour. Me and the 'ol lady had chicks on both sides of us.

They pick up the crowd. All three guys wear in ear monitors that are moulded to each individuals ear which cut's out all exterior noise, this would be a surreal experience if you finish a song and can barely hear a muffled crowd so these pick up the crowd and are mixed into the ear monitors!!

They pick up the crowd. All three guys wear in ear monitors that are moulded to each individuals ear which cut's out all exterior noise, this would be a surreal experience if you finish a song and can barely hear a muffled crowd so these pick up the crowd and are mixed into the ear monitors!!

...uhhh... not quite.