Clockwork Angels Live DVD scheduled for May 21st. per MusicTap

losingit2k

It seemed strange when I heard they were taping on the first leg. It additionaly seems unusal for a release prior to the end of the tour. However, I love the news, always love to get a new DVD. And, who knows, maybe a sign of a larger setlist change on our hopefull US/Can second leg?

According to Rush is a Band.com MusicTap has reported that the Clockwork Angels Live DVD will hit the stores on May 21st.

http://www.rushisaband.com/

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Thanks there L2K, can't wait for it. Always fun anticipated the next move and release.
  • Like 1

This is a new world kids.

May would make perfect sense actually.

You can essentially get just about any full show on Youtube already.

The band is simply adapting to the new age of technology.. they might as well make a few $$$ off the videos instead of just having them out in the wild for free.

This is what you'll see from bands in the future... film early in their tour and get the product out before the tour ends... which also allows them to film ANOTHER set of shows (say Red Rocks or RCMH) and 'live it all again'.

• Like 3

I'd imagine that having the DVD available to concert goers that'll be at the 2013 shows makes good business sense.

As for setlist tweaks with a couple of differnt songs for the spring/summer gigs, I can only hope they figure out a way to capture them on film for some sort of bonus material at some point.

• Like 1

I'd think that since RIAB is reporting this, we can be fairly sure this information about a new Rush DVD is reliable. BTW............WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :ebert: :cheers: :cheerleader: :banana:

They were originally just planning on having one leg for this tour...but they recently just said they are going to do a second. They're probably just sticking to the originally planned release date.

The 2nd leg was always planned. They announced the Euro leg wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in May of last year. North American dates were going to be worked around those regardless.

This is a new world kids.

May would make perfect sense actually.

You can essentially get just about any full show on Youtube already.

The band is simply adapting to the new age of technology.. they might as well make a few $$$ off the videos instead of just having them out in the wild for free.

This is what you'll see from bands in the future... film early in their tour and get the product out before the tour ends... which also allows them to film ANOTHER set of shows (say Red Rocks or RCMH) and 'live it all again'.

I just hope that if they do decide to film some more shows that they give us more than two minutes notice relatively speaking....

:rage:

I would be surprised if that is true, I would think they would wait until the end of the tour to release it, like they have for every other concert video ever.

I love when I'm right. To be fair, rocketom said pretty much the same thing. I love when he's right too :D

According to Rush is a Band.com MusicTap has reported that the Clockwork Angels Live DVD will hit the stores on May 21st.

Oops! Now according to RIAB, May is no longer accurate and it looks more like the fall of 2013. :doh:

I actually prefer this since they might be able to add what ever songs they plan to switch out during the 2nd leg. Maybe its some really nice gems with strings!

Oops! Now according to RIAB, May is no longer accurate and it looks more like the fall of 2013. :doh:

I actually prefer this since they might be able to add what ever songs they plan to switch out during the 2nd leg. Maybe its some really nice gems with strings!

I would actually prefer the May release, then a second Clockwork Angels DVD of the 2013 tour.

:o yeah, I just went there.

• Like 1

I would actually prefer the May release, then a second Clockwork Angels DVD of the 2013 tour.

Nothing wrong with wanting more RUSH!

:drool:

Nothing wrong with wanting more RUSH!

:drool:

Man, you're not kidding..... :drool: :drool: :notworthy: :haz: :rush: :rush: :rush: :haz: :notworthy: :drool: :drool: