NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

This is EMBARRASSING. I didn't expect to light up the Pens in the first game, but I at least wanted to look like we belonged in the playoffs.

http://nxe.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/7/4/1274446/marc_andre_fleury.jpg

The Man :D

Watching the Nucks and Sharks game now.

While I was quite happy just a few hours ago watching my team... the person Im sharing the couch with (who is a Nucks fan) seems to be losing his shit.

Not a great start for the Canucks...Kesler is clearly hurt in some way which is just a terrifying prospect right now. It's all about the C matchups with San Jose...Henrik-Kesler-Roy can hang with Couture-Thornton-Pavelski, but if one of them isn't 100%, it becomes a lot harder for Vancouver and they'll need to make up the difference in defense and goaltending.

This is EMBARRASSING. I didn't expect to light up the Pens in the first game, but I at least wanted to look like we belonged in the playoffs.

Make no mistake, that was not a goalie shutout. Fleury didn't stand on his head and rob the Isles of a win. He got the shutout because the Isles played like a deer in the headlights.

Make no mistake, that was not a goalie shutout. Fleury didn't stand on his head and rob the Isles of a win. He got the shutout because the Isles played like a deer in the headlights.

Thats true but with that Shutout he managed to tie the franchise record for playoff shutouts. :)

Alright Jim we start BATTLE ROYALE TONIGHT!!!

This means LOTS OF TRASH TALKIN... PM's full of cocky hockey nuttery and all sorts of FUN!!!!

:hockeygoon:

We're taking the Penguins out back and we're putting them down! :madra:

Give them an extra one for me!!

Funny how most hockey fans will pull for other teams, but only Penguins fans like the Penguins!

My hatred for the flightless fowl runs deep. Nothing would tickle me more than seeing them take an early vacation.

Cindy skated yesterday so I expect him to rise up out of the depths, walk on water and get endlessly fellated on the broadcasts tonight as he makes his extremely well timed come back. Be sure to have your favorite anti-nausea medicine on hand for tonight's broadcast.

Crosby is out for tonight's game. Doctor wouldn't clear him. Shouldn't impact them too much as they've been playing without him for some time now. No need to rush him back -- after all, they're playing the 8th seed Isles, right? No timetable for his return, but you can be sure he'll be all of a sudden "cleared" if the Isles take a lead in the series.

My guess is he sits out until the SC finals. They won't need him until then.

The Isles looked so over matched. I am disappointed to say the least.

Thank goodness I was watching the Bruins - Leafs game with my son. When van Riemsdyk scored about 2 minutes into the game, I was tempted to use bad language. Being honest? I was a little worried there.

I love how physical they were last night.

Thank goodness I was watching the Bruins - Leafs game with my son. When van Riemsdyk scored about 2 minutes into the game, I was tempted to use bad language. Being honest? I was a little worried there.

I wasn't able to tune in until a couple of minutes after the JVR goal. Guess I missed the only part of the game where the Leafs looked like they had a chance.

I've been expecting a sweep ever since a Bruins-Leafs series started to look like a possibility, so I'm prepared for this. But it's gonna hurt.

I wasn't able to tune in until a couple of minutes after the JVR goal. Guess I missed the only part of the game where the Leafs looked like they had a chance.

I've been expecting a sweep ever since a Bruins-Leafs series started to look like a possibility, so I'm prepared for this. But it's gonna hurt.

It's possible, of course, but I would be a bit surprised. The Bruins haven't played consistently good for a while. Still, it was good to see them in a position to put 6 goals up. The offense has struggled of late.

Is Cannata still up with your Canucks? I like that kid.

It's possible, of course, but I would be a bit surprised. The Bruins haven't played consistently good for a while. Still, it was good to see them in a position to put 6 goals up. The offense has struggled of late.

I think it comes down to goaltending...if they get lucky enough to have Reimer standing on his head while Rask has a bad game on the same night, they might pull off a win. Otherwise, they just don't have a chance. You can't get consistently outshot by a 2:1 ratio and expect to go deep in the playoffs. If Randy Carlyle is aware of that fact, he isn't showing it.

And yep, Cannata's still up with the Canucks until a certain other former NCAA goalie returns from a mysterious injury. Hopefully things don't get dire enough that he has to see some time in the net...I'd love to see what he can do at the NHL level, but this definitely isn't the time of year for that.

Fantastic article detailing why the Leafs are in such a dire situation in this series and beyond: Link

Nice to see that someone in the MSM is willing to take an analytical approach instead of beating the "Kessel can't score against his old team!" thing to death and then some.

I think it comes down to goaltending...if they get lucky enough to have Reimer standing on his head while Rask has a bad game on the same night, they might pull off a win. Otherwise, they just don't have a chance. You can't get consistently outshot by a 2:1 ratio and expect to go deep in the playoffs. If Randy Carlyle is aware of that fact, he isn't showing it.

And yep, Cannata's still up with the Canucks until a certain other former NCAA goalie returns from a mysterious injury. Hopefully things don't get dire enough that he has to see some time in the net...I'd love to see what he can do at the NHL level, but this definitely isn't the time of year for that.

Two Hockey East guys. I may have to rethink my hatred of the Canucks. :)

And Aaron Rome is long gone!

And Aaron Rome is long gone!

:LOL: