^ Really?? Ah well, eye of the beholder I guess...just love that kind of simplicity, the colours on PS look so classy to me.

So you don't like Burn and Stormbringer and In Rock!?? You can't beat those covers!

Of course I like ém, those three are great as well, especially Stormbringer, holy shit! :yes: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Ok I have my DELUXE edition copy!

This album sounds a lot better than I expected! :haz: I've only heard the first three tracks so far but they all sound great. Good old school production from Bob Ezrin, with all the proper dynamics but still nice and powerful, and no brick wall effect!

I'm now on "Hell to Pay" which sounds good if a little familiar.

^ Good. I'll try and get to it by the end of the week.

I'm on track 6 and every song is good so far. This sounds a lot better than the preview versions of tracks we got, like the radio edit of one song. This is certainly the best Purple album since Purpendicular. The last album was pretty good if a bit samey, but this one has a lot of flavours, a little eastern exotic here, a little bluesy there, a little bit of this and that. The track I'm on now is a bluesy one, "Blood from a Stone", track 7, which erupts into full blown hard rock in the chorus.

I'm on track 6 and every song is good so far. This sounds a lot better than the preview versions of tracks we got, like the radio edit of one song. This is certainly the best Purple album since Purpendicular. The last album was pretty good if a bit samey, but this one has a lot of flavours, a little eastern exotic here, a little bluesy there, a little bit of this and that. The track I'm on now is a bluesy one, "Blood from a Stone", track 7, which erupts into full blown hard rock in the chorus.

What did you think of All the Time in the World? Few more listens of that I think it's gonna be pure win.

What did you think of All the Time in the World? Few more listens of that I think it's gonna be pure win.

The whole album is very good. One thing I really like are the production/keyboard orchestrations on certain tracks, they really give the album an extra layer and another level in quality.

• Like 1

I've only heard a couple of tracks but they were pretty ordinary. I don't think I'll get this one. I'll listen to a few more of the songs online first before I decide for certain. Shame because I like vintage DP alot.

It sounds a lot better when you listen to it on a proper stereo, the average PC or laptop doesn't do it justice...

The whole album is very good. One thing I really like are the production/keyboard orchestrations on certain tracks, they really give the album an extra layer and another level in quality.

It does have a quality production agreed, just not so sold on it overall as I was hoping. My two clear winners are Uncommon Man and All the Time in the World. I'm not sure I will gain much more from this one. Damn.

I will say that I love Bob Ezrin as a producer. He is often responsible for incredible sounding albums, whether the artist delivers the tunes or not. Every band should work with that guy at least once.

Yes, I'm insinuating that he should produce Rush.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

I will say that I love Bob Ezrin as a producer. He is often responsible for incredible sounding albums, whether the artist delivers the tunes or not. Every band should work with that guy at least once.

Yes, I'm insinuating that he should produce Rush.

If only.

Haven´t heard the full album yet, but Vincent Price sounds better than th first tracks that came out. And speaking of Deep Purple, I decided to check out Bananas, which I´d never heard a single track off before. Not the best DP album I´ve ever heard, but there are some great tracks there: Picture of Innocence, I´ve Got Your Number, Haunted, Silver Tongue etc.

Haven´t heard the full album yet, but Vincent Price sounds better than th first tracks that came out. And speaking of Deep Purple, I decided to check out Bananas, which I´d never heard a single track off before. Not the best DP album I´ve ever heard, but there are some great tracks there: Picture of Innocence, I´ve Got Your Number, Haunted, Silver Tongue etc.

Here's the video for Vincent Price, which might offend some Catholics:

Edited by Presto-digitation

The dancing nun was the best part! :wub:

That's not a bad video, and I'm a Catholic. Mind you I've always liked slutty nuns! That nun was just the hot chick in a sexy outfit though! I'm not sure why they had a nun in it though, I don't think I've seen a nun in a Vincent Price flick?