Above and beyond is a homage to Jon Lord. Very, VERY cool. I was looking at an old editin of Classic Rock with his last interview, and it reminded me of what a coll guy he was. He mentioned still being in contact with Ritchie Blackmore through letters, and how he was still trying to be productive despite his illness. it´s one of the guys whose loss we´ll never get over.

Cool Morse solo, but otherwise, kinda bland, isn´t it?

Yeah very bland, very middle of the road, very meh, it's like a B side off another album. The guitars are not very prominent, and the solo is very restrained. Compare this to anything off the first Morse Purple album Purpendicular and it gets blown away. Don't even mention classic Purple or this song will evaporate.

Pretty disappointing song, I mean it's ok but nothing special, alright chorus, not great at all though, The House of Blue Light from 1987 has stronger material. if these two songs are the best on the album it's gonna be a poor result. The Morse solo is decent but he can do these kind of solos in his sleep by now, it's not memorable. Sounds like he's buried in the mix too, maybe the CD itself will sound better? Is Gillan's voice shot?

These two songs sound like b-sides from their worst efforts like Slaves and Masters, The Battle Rages On etc.

Treeduck, Gillan's voice hasn't been the same since at least the late 90's, and now it seems the whole band is just as tired. As much as I'd like to see Zeppelin doing another tour, looking at how Purple is right now makes me glad Plant decided not to continue with Page and Jones.

These two songs sound like b-sides from their worst efforts like Slaves and Masters, The Battle Rages On etc.

Treeduck, Gillan's voice hasn't been the same since at least the late 90's, and now it seems the whole band is just as tired. As much as I'd like to see Zeppelin doing another tour, looking at how Purple is right now makes me glad Plant decided not to continue with Page and Jones.

Exactly, no wonder they haven't done an album for about 8 years. I don't think it's Morse's fault he was energized and inventive on the Flying Colors album. But here he just sounds like a session guy phoning it in for the paycheck, on some throwaway rock album.

Tracklist:

01. A Simple Song

02. Weirdistan

03. Out Of Hand

04. Hell To Pay

05. Body Line

06. Above And Beyond

07. Blood From A Stone

08. Uncommon Man

09. Après Vous

10. All The Time In The World

11. Vincent Price

http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/purplenowwhat.jpg

• Like 1

Tracklist:

01. A Simple Song

02. Weirdistan

03. Out Of Hand

04. Hell To Pay

05. Body Line

06. Above And Beyond

07. Blood From A Stone

08. Uncommon Man

09. Après Vous

10. All The Time In The World

11. Vincent Price

http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/purplenowwhat.jpg

The cover is one I normally wouldn't like, but somehow I do, it kind of works. The Vincent Price track title is helping to get me back on board, very cool.