Las Vegas baby!

SUBDIVISIONS

Full Review

I had the chance to see Rush again

I have seen them like 10 times in the last 10 years

I was eagerly waiting to see this particular tour, CA with the orchestra and other songs

Well, Vegas had a new playlist into the tour, never played before, excellent surprise

I had excellent tickets E section center, floor.

The sound was awesome pure, clear, balanced and incredible to believe they were actually playing it live.

All guitar solos were passionate and perfect

Geddys voice was fierce and loud, the guy still have tons of voice to give, he really push it!

Neil solos amazing but the last one, the new one he really did something new, excellent, bass sounds pounding the arena

Playlist-

Subdivisions, best song in the universe! Amazing start, people reacted as crazy, I love it

Big money- Excellent, great energy, I love middle section only they can play that

Force ten- People couldnt believe so much power comming from the speakers, high pace

Grand designs- Pure jewel from the bootlegs coffin, a joy for true fans

Limelight!- No one expected this one, first time in Vegas! and everyone wanted! Flawless Alexs solo!

Territories- one of my favs! Thank you Rush for bring it back, but honestly it didnt sound as strong as the show of hands version

Analog kid- First time I hear this one live, I have been worshipping this guitar solo for decades and Alex did not let anyone down!

Bravado- Long version, recently I enter again on This record, cant believe 20 years went by, I love it

Wheres my thing? - pure fun

Far Cry- good sound, big explosion in the middle

Intermission- time for souvenirs, more beer!

Caravan- New album start with the orchestra, awesome!

Clockwork angels- Amazing song perfect performance and all the art work on lights and screens is really something

Anarchist- Better than d record version, this song live is incredible.

Carnies- Good sound, fits perfect

Wreckers- I cried, only Rush can take my tears out, It really move me to tears since first chorus, wow!

Headlongflight- Geddy sang like if this was the end of the world people cheer on every long shout!

Halo effect- Alex did a long acoustic intro, that contributes perfectly to the song, I wonder why is not in the record, it is beautiful and evolves perfectly to it, kinda broons bane.

Seven cities- this song live is better than the record version too, great vibe!

The Garden- I could do a whole blog just about this song, It was the best experience! They really worked on details on sound, arrangements, light and visual works taken to another level, far beyond!, Alex plays piano in middle section and the solo was amazing!

Manhattan Project- I can die in peace now, I was expecting to see this one live since 1990

Red Sector A- I love this one

YYZ- People celebrate each part of it, always!

The spirit of Radio- this maybe was the best, although we hear it 1289834000 times, live version its a cellebration of the earth!

Tom Sawyer- Quintessential

2112- People on extasis, finish with grand finale is the best rock experience of human kind on this milenium

My score from 1 to 10 is

I get the feeling you're a heavy-duty Rush fan!

I wish I was at the Vegas show as everything I've heard and read indiciates it was one of "those" shows. About as good as it gets. I've seen the band about 27 times and can't ever remember one that wasn't great, but only a handful that were as good as what the Vegas show apparently was. One that comes to mind is the Moving Pictures Tour show in Toronto, 1981. It was one of "those" shows too.

That is a big rating out of 10!, and totally agree, Absolutely brilliant!. Been a fan since early 1980 (bought Permanent Waves on day of release together with Hemispheres).

This was my first Rush concert and was also in Floor Section E, Centre. The venue was superb, the sound was great, lighting spectacular.

The crowd were really into it, so much air drumming and air guitar that was an experience in itself to be part of. 3 hours less a 10 minute intermission between sets. The guys seemed to be really enjoying themselves. I'm a part time drummer and to see Neal playing this stuff live was unbelievable, just stunning.

From the opening of Subdivisions through to the closing of 2112 I was in awe. The strings on the Clockwork Angels songs, Manhattan Project, Red Sector A and YYZ were really well done).

A 10/10 concert, almost 33 years since I first saw 2 of their videos on our local TV Music show... unbelievable, best concert experience of my life.

I was there, and posted my thoughts in another thread. Amazing show and the sound was better than at any other Rush show I've been to in the last 30 years.

It was one of those shows that the boys would refer to as "magic", and I suspect they'll wish they'd filmed it.

Sort of funny to me when I see the comments saying one show may have been better than another and so on. I've seen them seven times and can't recall a time they haven't delivered a "10" show. Maybe I am biased since to me Rush is like my wife, they can do no wrong!(or at least, that's what I tell her). :sarcastic:

Killer show! One of the best this tour so far. I was 2nd row in front of Alex. Everyone was really into the music from both sets. Great show that should've been filmed!

2nd row?

Were you one of the guys with t shirts with a meet and greet photo that I met later in a shop?

Yep, fantastic show. That MGM is a great venue, the sound was so good, crowd into it which I think feeds back to the band... Magic. Also the 80's stuff was so much heavier in sound, bigger bass sound, just rockier in 2012... The advantages of dusting off these older songs in today's production and sound... Territories for example was just sooooo much "bigger" than on record. I was a about 30 rows from the front dead centre and the crowd was just rocking... Brilliant! I've also put the playlist on my mp3 player and have been playing it over and over, Clockwork Angels is a great album... Firmly cemented in my top 5 Rush albums.