rush face up to retirement

condemned2bfree

I think it's incredible that they're still putting on a 3 hour show, and bringing the house down, at 60 years old... we're VERY fortunate to have enjoyed this band for as long as we have. Not many other bands have offered that to their fanbase. And as always, no one knows what the future brings, so enjoy the ride while you can!

It's definitely sobering though. Sadder still to watch it die, than never to have known it...

...in other news, the Rolling Stones are Celebrating R50! (I know I know but still..)

I think they should give the 3 hour one-band show thing a final rest. I would be fine with them replacing 45min-1hr with an opening act. I don't wanna see them quit because they decided to push the stamina envelope at 60.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Oct 19 2012, 05:46 AM)
I think they should give the 3 hour one-band show thing a final rest. I would be fine with them replacing 45min-1hr with an opening act. I don't wanna see them quit because they decided to push the stamina envelope at 60.

yes.gif it would be an appropriate move in my eyes, to cut back on concert length and frequency. No shame in that, their legacy is being secured. Hope they do decide something along those lines, rather than all or nothing.

2.gif

QUOTE (condemned2bfree @ Oct 19 2012, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Oct 19 2012, 05:46 AM)

yes.gif it would be an appropriate move in my eyes, to cut back on concert length and frequency. No shame in that, their legacy is being secured. Hope they do decide something along those lines, rather than all or nothing.

2.gif

Yeah, I see that. For their own sake it'd probably be better. But they're so stubborn they probably won't do that.