Different Stages DVD?

CrimsonE

I'm sure this was discussed a while back, but I seem to remember that the band had filmed footage from the T4E tour, and for whatever reason they decided not to release a live video to accompany the live album.

Is this true, and if so, does anyone know why they ultimately decided not to go with a video as well as a CD release? Are there plans to ever release a live DVD from this tour?

QUOTE (CrimsonE @ Oct 7 2012, 08:23 PM)
I'm sure this was discussed a while back, but I seem to remember that the band had filmed footage from the T4E tour, and for whatever reason they decided not to release a live video to accompany the live album.

Is this true, and if so, does anyone know why they ultimately decided not to go with a video as well as a CD release? Are there plans to ever release a live DVD from this tour?

I remember a video release was planned, but for some reason the project was scrapped. If I remember correctly, there was an issue with the audio/video sync (though it was a long time ago, I could be mistaken).

The only officially released footage from that tour was in the awesome Closer to the Heart Different Stages video with the montage between the different eras of the band:

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 8 2012, 05:37 AM)
Holy crap how have I never seen that? I loved it.

Don't feel bad, I just saw this last week ON DEMAND.

I was searching for anything Rush and it said Closer to the Heart live in 96 or 97 and I thought, no that can't be because all the footage got f*cked up before!

But lo and behold, there it was. It was awesome watching how all the different ear Neils synch up with the drum fills and stuff smile.gif

QUOTE (default236 @ Oct 8 2012, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Oct 8 2012, 09:07 AM)
I think it had something to do with leather pants and someone being embarrassed.  yes.gif

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif

What? Are you guys kidding? ohmy.gif

Alex in black leather pants .....mmmmm.... wub.gif

QUOTE (devoidzer0 @ Oct 7 2012, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (CrimsonE @ Oct 7 2012, 08:23 PM)

Is this true, and if so, does anyone know why they ultimately decided not to go with a video as well as a CD release?  Are there plans to ever release a live DVD from this tour?

I remember a video release was planned, but for some reason the project was scrapped. If I remember correctly, there was an issue with the audio/video sync (though it was a long time ago, I could be mistaken).

The only officially released footage from that tour was in the awesome Closer to the Heart Different Stages video with the montage between the different eras of the band:

They show this on VH1 classic Rock Block almost every other day, it seem like. One of my favorites and so well done!

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Oct 8 2012, 10:07 AM)
I think it had something to do with leather pants and someone being embarrassed. yes.gif

Ahhh... the leather pants... biggrin.gif

I used to wear leather pants in the 90's/early 2000's too (when I still had a size 32 waist).

I thought it was cool as hell...and so did the ladies. cool.gif

No more embarrassing than kimonos, platform shoes, mullets, Crockett and Tubbs wardrobe, Steven Seagal pony tails...etc