Last rush album

Rushfanman

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 5 2012, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (Rushfanman @ Oct 3 2012, 07:26 PM)
Rush has been around since 1974. All the current interviews about the band all touch upon their touring, where they then state that tour has put a hard toll on them. As a result, i fear that the end of rush near,  could CA be their last album? (i sure hope not!)

It will be the last Rush album for me. Au revoir!

Don't bullshit a forum of bullshitters.

If the next album they release sucks, you'll be here to tell us it sucks.

If the next album they release doesn't suck, you'll be here to tell us that you're surprised it doesn't suck.

If they don't release another album, you'll be here to tell us that it's okay because it probably would've sucked.

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Oct 5 2012, 08:40 AM)
I personally hope they NEVER get in the RRHOF... their career and discography and fanbase is a hall of fame unto itself.

And if they DO get inducted, I actually hope they decline!  Oh, sweet irony...  wink.gif

I'm kind of leaning toward not seeing them inducted as well, but they are too classy to decline it.

To quote Yoda: "No. There is another."

People have been predicting the demise of this band's creativity since Caress of Steel. Even then, it was only because they didn't understand it. Not for lack of vision. At any point in time have they lost it? Even after the horrific loss Neil endured, people still wonder about their ability to create. Seriously?

Anyone thinking this band - of all cult bands - would release a new album, tour behind it like people a third their age, and say nothing about it being their 'last' is off their rocker.

It might be a year - it might be 5. There will be more, and they will say goodbye. Keep in mind, these three know nothing else in terms of 'work'. Rush is what they do, and none of them are retirement age just yet.

Edited by Ruefus

My greatest fear is not necessarily that this will be their last album, but rather their last tour. To say I was dismayed when I found out they wouldn't be coming nearby my hometown (Chicago would've been too far, even) is an understatement. (In fact you might say that my self-pitying kept me away from here... :X) I know it's no fault but my own I didn't seen them until 2010 but, for me, the experience of seeing them live is so, so much more exciting than just new material. There are only a handful of musical groups I'm really passionate about, and RUSH tops the list.

Sure, I'll always have the DVDs and CDs and LPs... but you all know there's nothing quite like seeing them in concert! There is no equivalent.

My greatest fear is not necessarily that this will be their last album, but rather their last tour. To say I was dismayed when I found out they wouldn't be coming nearby my hometown (Chicago would've been too far, even) is an understatement. (In fact you might say that my self-pitying kept me away from here... :X) I know it's no fault but my own I didn't seen them until 2010 but, for me, the experience of seeing them live is so, so much more exciting than just new material. There are only a handful of musical groups I'm really passionate about, and RUSH tops the list.

Sure, I'll always have the DVDs and CDs and LPs... but you all know there's nothing quite like seeing them in concert! There is no equivalent.

Welcome back! They're rumored to come back to the States next year, so there's hope they'll come back to a city nearish you. :)

Welcome back! They're rumored to come back to the States next year, so there's hope they'll come back to a city nearish you. :)

Thanks for the welcome back. :D I have a job now (YESSS) and am saving up as much as I can. What doesn't go into necessities and my tuition is getting saved. So hopefully you're right and they do come back, and even if the nearest they come is Chicago, surely by then I'll have more than enough to get me there, stay for a night, and then back home. Or, hopefully, they'll take another swing into Omaha!

So, I feel a little more optimistic. I'd be surprised if they only did one leg.