Reactions to one of Alex's solos in particular

zappafrank

Just wondering: at the Pgh, show, after Alex finished the blistering solo in The Analog Kid, the crowd (rightfully) erupted in applause for him.

Has the crowd been popping after the solo at the other shows? I just think it's a neat touch to have the crowd respond so positively.

Yeah, the crowd in Minnesota was really into Analog Kid for its duration, but the solo in particular drew lots of applause. Geddy earned similar kudos with his vocal heroics in Headlong Flight. But the most raucous moments were reserved for Spirit.

Chicago definitely came alive right after that solo. Usually Alex gets that applause for "Freewill", so it was appropriate that they played "Analog Kid" in its absence. Alex deserves his big moment.

Other "big" crowd moments were "Headlong Flight", "Spirit of Radio" and "2112". The latter two are to be expected, but for a new song to get that kind of reaction speaks volumes.

It seems to me that any one of Alex's major solos gets a huge ovation. Analog Kid, Headlong Flight, Bravado, La Villa Strangiato, any song with an extended guitar solo (especially a hard-edged, fast solo).....the crowd's gonna eat it up!

What blew me away was the solo in 2112: Grand Finale. Usually, they just jam with the power chords, but last night, Alex ripped out the solo, as they did in the "good old days".... 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yep - at the Bristow, VA show, the crowd erupted after Alex ripped through the Analog Kid solo...AS DID I! 1022.gif What I find funny, is that this seems like the ONLY tour, where when they play Analog Kid, Alex's solo gets such a huge response. I have seen/heard MANY MANY bootlegs from the Signals, Roll The Bones, and Counterparts tours - where Analog Kid was also played - but Alex's solo NEVER seemed to get the same response back THEN, than it does on THIS tour.

Either way, The Analog Kid was definitely a Top 3 moment for me on this tour! yes.gif

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Sep 25 2012, 03:03 PM)
Just wondering: at the Pgh, show, after Alex finished the blistering solo in The Analog Kid, the crowd (rightfully) erupted in applause for him.

Has the crowd been popping after the solo at the other shows? I just think it's a neat touch to have the crowd respond so positively.

Although that solo's always been awesome, I think what's happened is that over time it's become one of his signature RUSH solos.

I think the same kind of reaction would happen after his solo in Kid Gloves, if they played it again.