Five best things about this setlist

jjgittes

1) Ticket Scalpers will have to sell tix at face value if they want to sell anything, given this setlist. get ready for some great seats.

2) The Make-it-up-to-the-fans Tour takes place in 2015 where they salute the 40th anniversary of their TWO 1975 releases and do COS complete!

3) The group joins the same ranks as Bruce Springsteen-the hypocrite who rails about the downtrodden and poor being ripped off by the corporations yet the only people who can afford his shows are the very people he whines about. And worse, the fans gotta sit through "Tom Joad." Talk about Big Money.

4) Tribute bands sell out the venues they play at because they'll do the setlist people REALLY want(Caress of Steel tribute band is in my area the first week of October-$10 to hear "Anthem" instead of $184 for "The Pass" is sounding better every day)

5) We've gotten to see posts from what seems to be every member of this board. Actually, that might be the best benefit of all.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Sep 13 2012, 02:37 PM)
This IS the "make it up to the fans tour" in my opinion!

I feel like this is the B-sides tour everyone asked about. A few people are just pissed that it isn't the B-sides specifically for them.

QUOTE (LedRush @ Sep 13 2012, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Jomboni @ Sep 13 2012, 02:37 PM)
This IS the "make it up to the fans tour" in my opinion!

I feel like this is the B-sides tour everyone asked about. A few people are just pissed that it isn't the B-sides specifically for them.

I wouldn't go QUITE as extreme as saying B sides...but it's definitely stuff they really haven't played in a while! That's most surprising from my perspective...they could have taken the easy way out and just swapped the MP set for the CA set, but they didn't....I give them credit!

You all are nuts. They are playing FIVE, 5, CINCO, FUNF, CINQUE, CINQ, V songs off of Power Windows!!!!!!!

How is this the dream setlist?

There are 10 albums not represented at all and nothing at all off of A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres, and Permanent Waves.

Nuts I say. All of you!!!!!! smile.gif

I would love to see the new album done live. Haven't you seen the older songs enough times yet?

Given the huge back catalogue it's hard to pick a set that pleases everyone, actually, it's impossible. So, no matter what they play some people will not be happy. But, it's still a Rush concert...

QUOTE (jjgittes @ Sep 13 2012, 03:33 PM)
4) Tribute bands sell out the venues they play at because they'll do the setlist people REALLY want(Caress of Steel tribute band is in my area the first week of October-$10 to hear "Anthem" instead of $184 for "The Pass" is sounding better every day)

I hate tribute bands. I don't care if they're close to the original. If it's not the original, I don't want to see it.

Edited by mazyyz

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 13 2012, 10:22 PM)

I hate tribute bands. I don't care if they're close to the original. If it's not the original, I don't want to see it.

Why am I envisioning someone next to you talking favorably about tribute bands, and you yelling "Youre outta your league Donny!!!!!!!!"

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 13 2012, 10:29 PM)

Why am I envisioning someone next to you talking favorably about tribute bands, and you yelling "Youre outta your league Donny!!!!!!!!"

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 13 2012, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 13 2012, 10:29 PM)

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif