R40 Tour to Promote...

ThinkingBig

I had a thought about R40 (and quite frankly if CA were it, then good for them), but if they were going to do some type of finale farewell celebration tour, then make Feedback II an album of RUSH covers. Colbert's joke about RUSH being influenced by themselves came true on the most recent studio album with some brilliant riff nods to the past.

But why not take it a step further and rethink one of their favorites. Make a final album of songs that celebrate RUSH. Invite some musicians young and old to come jam out some tunes with the boys.

It would never happen, but The Police doing a reggae version of Working Man would be cool. And they'd probably have to beat Billy Corgan away with a stick.

Anyway, the R40 tour could also feature a promotional gimmick, Jam With Rush--where aspiring musicians young and old can submit a video or audio file of them jamming out one of their favorites.

During each performance, a winner would come on stage and jam with RUSH. Geddy wouldn't mind turning over some of the singing duties.

Anyway, just a thought.... Enjoy the CA shows, I go in 8 days!!

I always thought it would be cool if the band re-recorded some of their classic material with their current heavy sound and put out an album of that.

Admittedly, it would be a cash grab, but I'd still buy it.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 6 2012, 12:03 PM)
I've always thought it would be cool if they had a double CD album called
"Now and Then" where they did an entire new album (Now) and rerecord their first album with Neil on drums (Then).

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I dig that idea, but not the whole album.

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Sep 6 2012, 08:37 PM)
I think it would be cool if they did what Dream Theater did a few years back, and perform their first album in it's entirely with the current band. (Live)

I'd love to hear Rush the whole way through with Neil playing!

And, I am just certain that Neil would love playing it! wacko.gif

That first album is classic for what it is. Neil would not add to it because the band was different. I am not sure how I feel about them re-recording anything. They were who they were when they made that stuff...they are different people now and they do what they do now. I like the versions they play live, and that is enough for me.