Rush Poster 1979

dayglow76

Holy Effen Eff... Transparent Green (Quite the handle!) sounds like you could take over for Mr. Geranois if he even needs a week off... either that or you're a killer keyboardist!

I was living in Toronto and slugging out in the bars at the same times as Geddy's newer and "bigger" keyboards were coming out and that's all you ever heard about. I used to play in a band that covered some YES material and our keyboard player had stacks of keys, sort of like what Wakeman used to have. He used to say, "But, it's not as cool as Geddy's though."

Me? I just hit things with sticks.

Actually, LOL, I am a drummer too....though I am an unabashed gear-geek gangsta.

Wakeman's rig (during the "Cape" heydays) had TONS of goodness...Mellotron, B3, 3 Mini Moogs...quite a bit of good stuff. He is a helluva nice guy.

While they were rehearsing the Union tour in Pensacola...I met him, Steve Howe and Bill Bruford as they walked across the Hilton's parking lot to the arena. He stopped and talked to us for about 15 minutes about keyboards, beer ...and the humidity in the area.

QUOTE (Transparent Green @ Sep 5 2012, 09:11 AM)
Actually, LOL, I am a drummer too....though I am an unabashed gear-geek gangsta.

Wakeman's rig (during the "Cape" heydays) had TONS of goodness...Mellotron, B3, 3 Mini Moogs...quite a bit of good stuff. He is a helluva nice guy.

While they were rehearsing the Union tour in Pensacola...I met him, Steve Howe and Bill Bruford as they walked across the Hilton's parking lot to the arena. He stopped and talked to us for about 15 minutes about keyboards, beer ...and the humidity in the area.

Awesome story goodpost.gif

I have it, framed in my downstairs wreckroom. but not in as good as shape.

Use to put my posters up with tape corners all torn. doh.gif

Have a Hemispheres/Permanent Waves poster also, red background with Alex in a Napoleon stance Neil wearing a badge old timey bicycle on it with the #6 in the spokes.(think it was a reference to a British tv show at the time.) and Geddy wearing a brown leather jacket sporting what looks to be a Casio digital watch. laugh.gif

It was a common poster, back in the day. That was an era when they'd have a new poster for just about every new album. This was the "Hemispheres" poster. A friend had this one. Another friend had the ESL poster and the GUP posters. I had that supersized one with all the bad photos on it.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Sep 5 2012, 10:55 AM)
Have a Hemispheres/Permanent Waves poster also, red background with Alex in a Napoleon stance Neil wearing a badge old timey bicycle on it with the #6 in the spokes.(think it was a reference to a British tv show at the time.) and Geddy wearing a brown leather jacket sporting what looks to be a Casio digital watch. laugh.gif

I remember that one; it's a good one. It's a "Farewell to Kings" poster, if I'm not mistaken.

The button on Neil's lapel is from the cult TV show "The Prisoner."

http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~roth/Images/badge3.gif

I had that poster on my bedroom wall 1982-1988. Then I went to college, got a job, got married, bought a house, had kids, gave up my "man cave" for my third kid to have his own room... the poster is now rolled up and in storage (along with the big wall poster and various other vintage posters, and my album collection...) Shame, but at least I still get to keep my signed photos, postcards from Neil, and sticks on a corner of my room...

Nice to recall that poster, thanks for sharing