All Things Football - '12-'13

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 17 2012, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 17 2012, 12:08 PM)
By this time tomorrow, Arsenal will have finished up at the Emirates. yes.gif

Thomas Vermaelen, the new captain, eh? trink38.gif

He's the core of the defense, so it's understandable..

I would have expected someone in midfield to take skipper.

Good choice, though trink39.gif

In the games I've seen so far this season, I noticed the refs giving out yellow cards for embellishment in the penalty area. It should be done in other spots on the field. It would end this Oscar-type acting very quickly. smile.gif

Man on the match: Santi Cazorla. Really nice play from the new guy smile.gif

MISS of the match: Olivier Giroud.. disappointing.

Podolski didn't do anything, either. Disappointing as well.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 18 2012, 11:00 AM)

Was Szczesny in any trouble? He gave up a stinker in Estonia on Wednesday... eh.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 18 2012, 11:32 AM)

Was Szczesny in any trouble? He gave up a stinker in Estonia on Wednesday... eh.gif

He was actually really good IMO.

2 really solid stops in the first half that kept Sunderland from the three points in the end.

I honestly don't think he was challenged at all in the second half, but I may not be remembering one or two Sunderland attempts.

Possession seemed like 80-20 in all honestly, but Arsenal couldn't unlock the Sunderland back 4. It was maddening. Giroud's miss really stands out, unfortunately.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 18 2012, 12:25 PM)

2 really solid stops in the first half that kept Sunderland from the three points in the end.

I honestly don't think he was challenged at all in the second half, but I may not be remembering one or two Sunderland attempts.

Possession seemed like 80-20 in all honestly, but Arsenal couldn't unlock the Sunderland back 4. It was maddening. Giroud's miss really stands out, unfortunately.

Yeah, how do you not at least hit the target from this close in? wacko.gif And now I hear Song is leaving for Barcelona... fing.gif

Edited by blackhawkrush

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 18 2012, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 18 2012, 12:25 PM)

Yeah, how do you not at least hit the target from this close in? wacko.gif And now I hear Song is leaving for Barcelona... fing.gif

Even more reason to wonder when Wilshere will be fit.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 19 2012, 10:48 AM)
Like a trusting spouse and a wayward partner I always think, "this time it will be different." Damn you Liverpool. You break my heart.

Whilst I felt a certain schadenfreude yesterday, I felt sorry for Brendan Rodgers. Suarez missed chance after chance, I've never seen so many chances missed, and Agger and Skrtel had mares. Unfortunately I think it will all come together soon.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 19 2012, 01:20 PM)
Liverpool need Dempsey yes.gif

Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea have all resistd the urge to go after Dempsey. He's very good but he's not Champions League class.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 19 2012, 02:45 PM)

Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea have all resistd the urge to go after Dempsey. He's very good but he's not Champions League class.

Solid journeyman. A good squad player, no more than that. Mind you, we could do with a few of those!

Hazard looked solid, and Man City resisted a pesky Southampton side. Nice was to finish off the weekend.. RVP with Man U tomorrow.. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 19 2012, 09:45 AM)

I'd love it Arsenal picked him up. But it's partly because he played with the hometown Dallas Texans, and is a Texan. Still a solid player.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 19 2012, 12:39 PM)

I'd love it Arsenal picked him up. But it's partly because he played with the hometown Dallas Texans, and is a Texan. Still a solid player.

Have you heard Arsenal may sign three players this week? Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid), Yann M'Vila (Stade Rennes) and Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao) are expected to join your team...

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 19 2012, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 19 2012, 12:39 PM)

Have you heard Arsenal may sign three players this week? Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid), Yann M'Vila (Stade Rennes) and Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao) are expected to join your team...

I did hear about Suhin.. not so much about the other two players though. Thanks for the info! trink39.gif