Too much singing on CA?

ReflectedLight

Do you think there's too much singing on CA?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there's too much singing on CA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Some songs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 13 2012, 09:33 AM)
Yeah, Geddys singing is awesome on this album. lol

Like someone mentioned, we've heard your singing now, so you've lost a lot of credibility here. yes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eljJsLYbKjI&feature=plcp

EDIT: Still waiting for your promised 2112 vocal clips. Maybe you can prove us wrong? confused13.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 12 2012, 07:19 PM)
I'm not a fan of Caravan and one of the reasons is that I find Geddy singing too much, at least for me it's too much singing and not enough space.

On The anarchist he starts singing at 1:24

That by far is the longest intro since Hemispheres my freund

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 12 2012, 06:19 PM)
I'm not a fan of Caravan and one of the reasons is that I find Geddy singing too much, at least for me it's too much singing and not enough space.

Vocally, the chorus in Caravan is weak....if the melodies/lyrics were re-worked to sound less forced, the song could've been decent....

QUOTE (eshine @ Jul 13 2012, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 13 2012, 12:56 AM)
Strangely enough, the singing is what I love MOST about this album

I totally agree. His vocals, but more specifically his melodies make the record for me as well.

Took me completely by surprise, actually.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner)
And also for the first time in many many albums, Geddy has put together some really catchy vocal melodies. These songs are downright ear-candy, which makes this album really rewarding to listen to again and again.

trink39.gif

I'm with you two guys. I think, for the most part, the vocal melodies are killer and the choruses are very catchy.

It's Rush, so I'm usually blown away by the virtuosic instrumentation, but on this album it's the vocal melodies that make the songs for me. My favorite CA songs aren't necessarily the most blow-you-away-with-our-awesome-chops songs, they're the songs with the catchiest choruses, the songs I'm most inspired to sing along to. I can't remember the last time I felt this way about a Rush album... or if I ever have. Viva la vocals!

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 20 2012, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 12 2012, 06:19 PM)

Vocally, the chorus in Caravan is weak....if the melodies/lyrics were re-worked to sound less forced, the song could've been decent....

incredibly weak and a terrible way to start the album. they haven't had a killer 1st song in a very long time.