The Wreckers Guitar Outro

rsmintzberg

Has anyone noticed the great guitar solo that starts (or at least rises above the other instruments) at 4:45 into the song for the last 17 seconds. Sounds awesome. Just wish we could hear more of it. Maybe in concert there wil be an extended version if we are lucky.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jul 6 2012, 10:13 PM)
I thought the jam at the end of Digital Man on the S&A tour really improved the way that song ended. I hope they do something similar with The Wreckers.

I pretty much can't stand any "jams" Rush tries to throw into songs at concerts. The half-time thing they did in Closer to the Heart on the Time Machine tour was ridiculous, and the extended jam at the end of Digital Man on the Snakes & Arrows tour killed all the sharpness/snap that song is supposed to have...IMHO. Those are just two examples I can think of right now, but it stands to reason that Rush is a compositional band to the extreme. When they try to stray from that gameplan, I rarely enjoy the result...

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 6 2012, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jul 6 2012, 10:13 PM)
I thought the jam at the end of Digital Man on the S&A tour really improved the way that song ended. I hope they do something similar with The Wreckers.

I pretty much can't stand any "jams" Rush tries to throw into songs at concerts. The half-time thing they did in Closer to the Heart on the Time Machine tour was ridiculous, and the extended jam at the end of Digital Man on the Snakes & Arrows tour killed all the sharpness/snap that song is supposed to have...IMHO. Those are just two examples I can think of right now, but it stands to reason that Rush is a compositional band to the extreme. When they try to stray from that gameplan, I rarely enjoy the result...

Are you high? Or not high enough?