The I Love Clockwork Angels Thread!

rushgoober

2.gif There best Album to me since Signals. If any you ever thought about the album as a tribute to the last 34-5 years and 19 studio albums? Each song has reference to them you know and it starts with the cover art 9:12.......But will not go there .......And to the Counter parts thread mention...Dude I hear ya that album had some good bass playing in it(also the first album with no friggin synthesizers ) Any of you see Clockwork Angels in the store with TRACK TIMES MISPRINTED AT 0.00 on all tracks? I`m going after work to buy one to show you guys...could be a first ALBUM Snafu reference ...(the ink bleed )

OH TURD My bad for the Double Post guys.Fire fox locked up on me and hit reload.....

Edited by H82LUZ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.gif There best Album to me since Signals. If any ever thought about the album as a tribute to the last 34-5 years and 19 studio albums? Each song has reference to them you know and it starts with the cover art 9:12.......But will not go there .......And to the Counter parts thread mention...Dude I hear ya that album had some good bass playing in it(also the first album with no friggin synthesizers ) Any of you see Clockwork Angels in the store with TRACK TIMES MISPRINTED AT 0.00 on all tracks? I`m going after work to buy one to show you guys...could be a first ALBUM Snafu reference ...(the ink bleed )

I just can't stop listening to it! I love everything about it. wub.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

my 5 and 7 year old boys...begged me to play cd again on a little family road trip...my wife was like " no no my turn,ummm lets listen to U2"

My sons yelled,screamed NO NO NO CLOCKWORK ANGELS!!! PLAY IT

DAD!!! DON'T LET MOMMY HAVE HER WAY!!!!...I SWELLED UP WITH PRIDE.

CD WENT IN,HEADS WERE BOBBING,THE MINI-VAN WAS-A-ROCKING. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (MJH @ Jul 6 2012, 03:34 PM)
my 5 and 7 year old boys...begged me to play cd again on a little family road trip...my wife was like " no no my turn,ummm lets listen to U2"

Well done, Sir. Next step, Rush merch for the kids and a live show with the whole crew. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 6 2012, 12:30 AM)
BU2B2 simply does NOT work following Headlong Flight. If you stuck it between The Wreckers and Headlong Flight it would make sense thematically.

I agree there.

"BU2B2" should immediately follow the unfortunate events of "The Wreckers," for it's those events which bring him to the hopeless state he describes in "BU2B2."

The way it's placed now, you have the bad events of "The Wreckers," followed by the hero optimistically saying, "Yeah, that was a dark experience, but I'd do it all again!" in "Headlong Flight," and then feeling hopeless and depressed in "BU2B2." He sounds bi-polar.

QUOTE (MJH @ Jul 6 2012, 09:34 AM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Great story!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 6 2012, 08:34 AM)
BU2B2 simply does NOT work following Headlong Flight.  If you stuck it between The Wreckers and Headlong Flight it would make sense thematically.

I agree there.

"BU2B2" should immediately follow the unfortunate events of "The Wreckers," for it's those events which bring him to the hopeless state he describes in "BU2B2."

The way it's placed now, you have the bad events of "The Wreckers," followed by the hero optimistically saying, "Yeah, that was a dark experience, but I'd do it all again!" in "Headlong Flight," and then feeling hopeless and depressed in "BU2B2." He sounds bi-polar.

It almost makes me think that they made a mistake, as it seems so obvious that BU2B is misplaced - move it one song back and we're talking nearly a perfect album. Where it is detracts and distracts from the theme, but thankfully it's a small distraction as all the other songs are so great.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 6 2012, 10:34 AM)
BU2B2 simply does NOT work following Headlong Flight.  If you stuck it between The Wreckers and Headlong Flight it would make sense thematically.

I agree there.

Valid point, and it does make more sense to seg BU2B2 immediately after the Wreckers. Panacea before No-one At The Bridge would've been just as a odd placement as well.. tongue.gif

However that being said, BU2B2 still conveys and evokes the characters emotional state regardless that the order seems suspect to the cohesiveness of the storyline.

I love this album far more than I ever thought I would. I never really liked Vapor Trails, and Snakes and Arrows (except for Armor and Sword, Hope & Main Monkey Business) really never grew on me. I basically think Feedback is worthless.

So, my love for "recent" Rush is not very overwhelming, to say the least. I certainly was hoping for a great album, but wasn't really expecting too much.

So far, I have been absolutely blown away by Clockwork Angels. Right now, it's my second favorite Rush album ever. It only trails Moving Pictures, which is my favorite album by any band ever.

Will it stay at number two? Only time will tell. But I don't see it moving out of my top five, and for me to say that about a new Rush album speaks volumes about the work ethic and passion (or "Rocket Sauce" if you prefer) of my favorite band.

2.gif

I just came back from a 66-minute (Clockwork Angels on the Walkman) bicycle ride. The album is even more powerful while listening to it out in the green. With every run I discover some new shades in these songs and the album grows and grows...It's so great to be a Rush fan these days.

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 7 2012, 02:07 PM)
I just came back from a 66-minute (Clockwork Angels on the Walkman) bicycle ride. The album is even more powerful while listening to it out in the green. With every run I discover some new shades in these songs and the album grows and grows...It's so great to be a Rush fan these days.

goodpost.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 7 2012, 03:07 PM)
It's so great to be a Rush fan these days.

Agreed. Great time to be a Rush fan.

trink39.gif