Looks like everyone's opinion has stayed strong

LeaveMyThingAlone

I still love it. Not a waking moment goes by when I don't have a song from CA in my head. Definitely put it in their top 5 albums! yes.gif 1022.gif

Any album that has so few "skippable" songs is a smashing success. I skip only one song on Clockwork Angels; I can't say that for most of the other albums.

What I like most about the album is that it's their first attempt at a classic concept album, and they nailed it. They didn't get all pretentious or cheesy. It's a GREAT story!!

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 25 2012, 06:04 AM)
I still love it. Not a waking moment goes by when I don't have a song from CA in my head.

Likewise - nearly every song has a hook to it! I do not see myself tiring of CA at all, or deciding it's not as good as I initially thought.

With Snakes, there were only 4 or so songs I really liked much. I don't DISLIKE S&A, understand, but to me it was largely forgettable from the start. Never made much of an impression on me.

I've probably listened to the full record at least 30 times now, and just can't get enough. With every listen it still gets better and I absolutely love it. Haven't been skipping any songs, they are all golden in my mind and the order is perfect.

My band had an out of town gig over the weekend and I put in the CD when we departed and it never left the player the entire trip. My bass player summed it up pretty well and declared the album "Riff-Topia", which we all agreed.

I love this album and couldn't be more pleased with it. There are hints of some many previous years within the songs. Can't wait to hear it live!

It's been about 4 weeks for a lot of us hasn't it? And the way we Rush fans obsess about new Rush music, I'm sure we all have these songs fully entrenched in our heads.

For me, personally, I have a feel for how I am going to feel long term about this album at this point. And I will continue to say it rivals Counterparts

I just listened to both back to back, and S&A Is a better overall listen to me then CA bolt.gif

No I do love some tracks on CA dearly, Anarchist, Halo Effect, The Garden, The Wrecker. all golden Tracks.....but S&A i feel is just a better listen.....to me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 25 2012, 11:38 AM)
I've probably listened to the full record at least 30 times now, and just can't get enough. With every listen it still gets better and I absolutely love it. Haven't been skipping any songs, they are all golden in my mind and the order is perfect.
My band had an out of town gig over the weekend and I put in the CD when we departed and it never left the player the entire trip. My bass player summed it up pretty well and declared the album "Riff-Topia", which we all agreed.

I love this album and couldn't be more pleased with it. There are hints of some many previous years within the songs. Can't wait to hear it live!

Well said!

Riff-Topia!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 25 2012, 10:38 AM)

I agree, throughout the album I will think that little part sounds like Power Windows or other older albums. I am really liking this album and I was one of those who hated S&A right when it came out and it has never grown on me in the years since. I love the first 5 songs and Headlong Flight and I think The Wreckers is probably my favorite of the whole album. This album has a lot more metal than S&A, and to me that is a good thing. I am actually excited for a Rush tour for the first time since VT and even though they aren't coming anywhere near me, I am going to make the effort to see this tour. It should be interesting and more than a little different with the strings.

I think the biggest problem with CA is that the story is way too disjointed, it's almost like random chapters from a book and many times a song will have basically nothing to do with the song that preceded it. Even the intro text to the songs doesn't eliminate this problem. And I think the album definitely fades a bit in the second half. The Garden should have been a lot shorter, kind of like the closing minute of Hemispheres.