CA: "Rush's 20th studio album"

P-Tor

19th studio album of original material composed and written by Lee, Lifeson, and Peart.

Case closed. wink.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (P-Tor @ Jun 17 2012, 09:20 PM)
In all the promo materials and reviews I have seen for Clockwork Angels, it is always described as "Rush's 20th studio album".

But is it really? It's only 19 by my count (unless you count Feedback - which I don't).

What do you guys think? Is this their 20th studio album? Do you count Feedback? confused13.gif

Because feedback was produced in "barn"?

unsure.gif

WFT - some threads on this board are just... well, the spinal tap fine line and all that.

Really?

LP refers to Long Play. It was a term used to describe double sided 12" vinyl releases and was the longest available consumer recording available until cassette tape and 8 track and later the standard CD (650 Mb) which topped out around 60 minutes then the 700 Mb CD allotted up to 74 minutes. Each side of an LP could have just over 20 minutes if lathed well. LPs are played back at 33 1/3 RPM.

EP was Extended Play and generally meant 3-5 songs on a 12" vinyl disc but played at 45 RPM instead of 33 1/3. There were some exceptions.

A 7" 45 RPM disc was referred to as a Single or a 45.

The term Album means a collection of items and in the case of music it means a collection of songs so an EP can be an album without regard to length.

LP, EP and 45 are terms that really do not apply anymore. However Singles are truly singles now with the advent of downloadable music. iPods are essentially Albums of multiple artists and the term Library is most applicable because of how much capacity is available. I mean if you have a photo album with only 2 or 3 three pictures it is still a photo album.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 18 2012, 10:10 AM)
Hey, Garden Road & Fancy Dancer were recorded in a studio right? I guess this is album #21 smile.gif

Always wondered why remastered versions of these songs (and a couple of others) didn't appear on Feedback.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jun 17 2012, 08:43 PM)
The reason I don't normally count it is that it's all covers and therefore not their own original material, so it should be put aside in a different category than the rest of their original albums.

Yeah, your exactly right.........a cover is not your own creativity or composition..........it's other peoples songs made to sound your music................but it's not........Feedback is not Rush music, it's music that Rush liked to cover........