Seven Cities of Gold...

Bangster of Goats

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 21 2012, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Jun 16 2012, 09:24 AM)
...is the song on CA that, when I close my eyes, I can most most easily imagine Alex in that permed mop hair and platform shoes, Geddy with stringy hair and sans glasses, and Neil in the back with long hair and a moustache.

Replace mature-Geddy voice with 70s shriek Geddy on the track and it sounds like something they would have released between 2112 and Kings.

This is EASILY doable, by changing the pitch by about 12 degrees. I'm doing it right now.

It doesn't give that SHRIEK, but it definitely gives Geddy a better sounding voice.

How would one go about changing the pitch of the song? I would like to experiment with this.

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jun 22 2012, 07:18 PM)
...is the song on CA that, when I close my eyes, I can most most easily imagine Alex in that permed mop hair and platform shoes, Geddy with stringy hair and sans glasses, and Neil in the back with long hair and a moustache.

Replace mature-Geddy voice with 70s shriek Geddy on the track and it sounds like something they would have released between 2112 and Kings.

This is EASILY doable, by changing the pitch by about 12 degrees. I'm doing it right now.

It doesn't give that SHRIEK, but it definitely gives Geddy a better sounding voice.

How would one go about changing the pitch of the song? I would like to experiment with this.

Fu***** with Geddy's voice is disgraceful. 1287.gif It is what is is. 2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 22 2012, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 22 2012, 12:42 PM)
It's still fantastic to these ears.

A Top 3-4 song on CA for me probably...love it.  1022.gif

Definately one of the best on the album. It has such a funky groove and is undeniable addictive. Seven Cities, HF, Caravan, Clockwork Angels, Carnies, and BU2b are so kick ass...hard to put one in front of the other. Seven Cities is like nothing else in the RUSH catalouge, yet it sounds familiar in some way..do u know what I mean?

trink39.gif

It's good sh**! 1022.gif 653.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (avenger @ Jun 21 2012, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 19 2012, 06:55 AM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 17 2012, 08:34 PM)
This is my least favorite track. It doesn't make it bad, but to me, it doesn't compete with the rest. It still flows nicely with the rest of the songs. Perhaps it will grow on me more with future listens.

This is what I used to think too, but it really grows on you the more you listen to it.

SEVEN CITIES OF GOOOOOOOOLLLDD!!!!

Agreed

This song was resigned to be a miss for me too...

But just yesterday...I got it!

i haven't gotten it yet. unsure.gif it's all over the place, some of the vocals and music are kind of boring, so i'll just listen to it here and there.

This song was not among my immediate "love its". I liked the bass in it, and some of the chorus, but my initial impression was, "wow, heavy, and what a lot of noise."

But 25+ years of Rush fandom have taught me this: one listen, or even five, might not be enough. And sure enough, by the 5th or 6th listen I was liking it better and better as I found new and cool things with every replay.

Now I love it. Unfortunately I don't think it will be on the setlist (JMO), because I think it would murder Ged's vocal cords.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 22 2012, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jun 22 2012, 07:18 PM)

Fu***** with Geddy's voice is disgraceful. 1287.gif It is what is is. 2.gif

I don't intend to make his voice "better," I just like experimenting with audio. I find it fascinating , though I'm a novice when it comes to that kind of thing.

This is my favorite song off CA...today. Yesterday it was The Anarchist, and on Friday it was The Wreckers. It seems that everyday a different song catches my ear. This album is simply great!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 24 2012, 10:51 AM)
Not a fan of this one. To me, it sounds like it could come straight from TFE....

TFE = The First Eleven! (As in 2.gif albums)

tongue.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 24 2012, 12:42 PM)
I don't like the chorus. Well, the end of the chorus. It starts out pretty good.

Then Ged starts into the two or three lines of incoherent wallowing.

"LalalalalalalalalalalalalalalCaCAnaaaashuuuu-uuuuun.

That's the main problem I have with it also. The verses aren't necessarily bad, but just very bland sounding. I can't see this song going over very well live.

Ok, last night this song clicked, no longer my least favorite. Same with The Garden (I liked this one a bit but something hit me last night). I really like how this album gross with each listen. I wasn't very impressed the first time, but it my opinion changed after another listen or two. I'm also happy to say I have no favorite song, they're all so good.