CA Packaging...question

Presto-digitation

I guess, then, that only the fan pack had the hard cover and that all store copies are the soft digi-pack variety? Can someone confirm that for me? (Also they have different art on the CD itself, I do know). I'd love to pick up a copy of the hard cover without buying the fan pack, but that might not be possible until it's out there used.

trink39.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

The hard cover was a pleasant surprise for me, definitely a "little book" sort of feel.

trink39.gif

edit: and yeah mine came with the fan pack, not sure whether they *only* come with the fan pack though.

Edited by Godeater2112

Really like the hard book cover package. There is not a band photo included in the art work, does this apply for the regular release as well ?

QUOTE (Na na na @ Jun 12 2012, 02:15 PM)
Really like the hard book cover package. There is not a band photo included in the art work, does this apply for the regular release as well ?

No, there's a band photo opposite the outside cover. The booklet sits in the sleeve between the two and the disc in a clear tray. Strange that the CD art is different and only the store one has the band image. (shrugs)

Anyhow, I'm going to get that hard cover. That's bad ass. I held out hope they would be the standard issue...sigh. biggrin.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 12 2012, 02:17 PM)

No, there's a band photo opposite the outside cover. The booklet sits in the sleeve between the two and the disc in a clear tray. Strange that the CD art is different.

Anyhow, I'm going to get that hard cover. That's bad ass. I held out hope they would be the standard issue...sigh. biggrin.gif

Keep checking in at your local Barnes and Noble, as they always carry the fanpacks.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll check here in NJ for you.

~Cheers, RGLT

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 12 2012, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 12 2012, 02:17 PM)

No, there's a band photo opposite the outside cover. The booklet sits in the sleeve between the two and the disc in a clear tray. Strange that the CD art is different.

Keep checking in at your local Barnes and Noble, as they always carry the fanpacks.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll check here in NJ for you.

~Cheers, RGLT

Will do, brother...and thanks a million.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 12 2012, 04:58 PM)
Ok, neither Best Buy nor Barnes & Noble had the hard cover copy. Probably only the Classic Rock fan pack exclusive then. I'll track one down in time.

It'll take at last a week before they receive the fanpack.

Best Buy won't carry it.

Check Barnes and Noble in the music magazine section.

I'll post back when I see it at my local store.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 12 2012, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 12 2012, 04:58 PM)
Ok, neither Best Buy nor Barnes & Noble had the hard cover copy.  Probably only the Classic Rock fan pack exclusive then.  I'll track one down in time.

It'll take at last a week before they receive the fanpack.

Best Buy won't carry it.

Check Barnes and Noble in the music magazine section.

I'll post back when I see it at my local store.

Thanks. I'm there fairly often myself, so I'll do just that....

I was pleasantly surprised how nice the hard cover cd book from the fanpack is. It really is a beautiful package, compared to the average soft digipack that seems to get dinged up just by looking at it. Only downside is the lack of the band pic...odd. Bottom line, if you have the means to get the fanpack...it's well worth it.

QUOTE (A rocket that ignites itself @ Jun 12 2012, 07:02 PM)
I was pleasantly surprised how nice the hard cover cd book from the fanpack is. It really is a beautiful package, compared to the average soft digipack that seems to get dinged up just by looking at it. Only downside is the lack of the band pic...odd. Bottom line, if you have the means to get the fanpack...it's well worth it.

I actually liked the band picture a lot, Ged's face is kinda awkward though. Neil's looking good.

I'm betting they thought the huge band photo on the magazine made a band photo in the cd redundant. But, yeah, it is a bit odd.

Oh sure, rub it in! Aarrrrghhh!!!!!! Bastid..! wink.gif tongue.gif

What I like about my fan pack CD, is that the CD case is slightly larger than a regular one, so the album art is a little larger. It's pretty much the same size as the repackaged Rush CD's being sold out of Japan. It doesnt make the DD art vinyl size, but its a little bit bigger and makes for a much better over all presentation. I'm digging it. Plus, my wife is getting one of the posters framed for me and its going to get hung in my music room for years of enjoyment!

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Jun 12 2012, 07:06 PM)
What I like about my fan pack CD, is that the CD case is slightly larger than a regular one, so the album art is a little larger. It's pretty much the same size as the repackaged Rush CD's being sold out of Japan. It doesnt make the DD art vinyl size, but its a little bit bigger and makes for a much better over all presentation. I'm digging it. Plus, my wife is getting one of the posters framed for me and its going to get hung in my music room for years of enjoyment!

That's awesome. And I agree about the slight, but perceptible, increase in art size.

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Jun 12 2012, 07:06 PM)

You're getting a poster framed? Cool. But how would you go about getting rid of the fold marks? I've always wondered this, as I have a fair number of nice posters I've gotten folded up in magazines, and have been bummed about the fold-marks. Don't know if it's something that can be 'ironed' out....

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Jun 12 2012, 07:11 PM)
Anyone have any pictures of the fanpack? Was this a Rush site exclusive or something?

UK exclusive. Don't think Classic Rock Magazine is doing pre-orders anymore since it's released, but amazon.co.uk has it.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 12 2012, 07:05 PM)
I was pleasantly surprised how nice the hard cover cd book from the fanpack is.  It really is a beautiful package, compared to the average soft digipack that seems to get dinged up just by looking at it.  Only downside is the lack of the band pic...odd.  Bottom line, if you have the means to get the fanpack...it's well worth it.

Oh sure, rub it in! Aarrrrghhh!!!!!! Bastid..! wink.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif Sorry about that...certainly don't mean to!

But hey, it's the music that counts...I'd pay full price if it came in a brown paper bag. wink.gif

Yeah but in the fan pack you get the FULL band pic on the high-quality glossy magazine cover. Same portrait, just not cut off and framed as in the retail CD digi. FYI - in case it wasn't mentioned, the CD art is different from fan pack to retail.

The fan pack IS the way to go! Top notch quality.

T