Album Sales

vols1118

QUOTE (vols1118 @ Jun 12 2012, 09:56 AM)
How many album sales do you think Rush will get with Clockwork Angels? Do you think it will become Gold or even Platinum?

No chance for platinum. Maybe gold, 500k. Somewhere around there.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 12 2012, 10:57 AM)
If it got platinum. I bet it would be such a massive boost to morale. But, that is a long shot.

Yep...unfortunately, the days of platinum sales are done.

I'd love to see it get gold at least...that would be cool.

How many album sales do you think Rush will get with Clockwork Angels? Do you think it will become Gold or even Platinum?

Gold is possible, but it's still going to be very tough to reach due to the music industries environment. I hope we can see Gold though! I know sales don't matter much these days, but it's still fun to discuss it. I think it's going to at least get more sales than SnA, so let's hope! smile.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 12 2012, 10:17 AM)
There definitely feels like there is more of a buzz surrounding this album then there was with Snakes....Roadrunner deserves a lot of credit for that.

Whether that translates into higher album sales we will see

There was a far more greater buzz going on with Vapor Trails than this album, just because of what happened before it, and many people thought that album would never happen so there was a lot of hype for it, and it still didnt sell all that much.

Rush definitely has a lot of fans that go see them live all over the world, but many of them dont buy their new albums. If they all did they would certainly be selling more albums.

How many album sales do you think Rush will get with Clockwork Angels?  Do you think it will become Gold or even Platinum?

No. 300K-ish. Won't sell a ton more than S&A, I don't care how good it is. Why? Because Rush fans buy Rush albums.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (vols1118 @ Jun 12 2012, 10:56 AM)

I'm thinking triple platinum on this one. yes.gif bekloppt.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 12 2012, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (vols1118 @ Jun 12 2012, 10:56 AM)
How many album sales do you think Rush will get with Clockwork Angels?  Do you think it will become Gold or even Platinum?

I'm thinking triple platinum on this one. yes.gif bekloppt.gif applaudit.gif

Could you imagine?

In this day and age, that's virtually impossible. I believe MP only went 4x platinum.

If Seven Cities of Gold started receiving radio play, it might have a shot at gold.

I have never heard a post-87 Rush song on the radio though.. :C