Nick R. Bad Pro Tools editor?

Jar2112

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buncha feckin' Rain Men here, bobbing your head and nodding..."Yeah, yeah....just doesn't sound right. Yeah. Clipping! Clipping!! Clipping!!!! Yeah. Bad Pro Tools edit. Yeah..."

Thank the almighty for my "tin ear" so I can get past all the perfectionist bullshit and just enjoy a song.

Enjoy all the imperfections.

trink39.gif

I want to be an industry outsider who think I know better than working recording industry professional.

I guess the first step is to criticize a respected professional and act like I know what I'm talking about. Find flaws in their work etc.

Then, maybe someone will notice me.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 11 2012, 06:34 AM)
The Rush defense team is out in full force already. Give the guy a chance to explain exactly what he means. Jesus, Rush has the worst fans ever.

He explained himself in the OP.

"I hear mistakes."

Bull for him.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 12 2012, 07:07 PM)
"That fill is not human" may be a new TRF meme.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Neil Ellwood Peart is not human! He is a cylon.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Jun 11 2012, 10:03 AM)
Album still sounds muddy and distorted.

Go listen to any Rush album 1993 and below then come back and listen to CA and tell me their sound hasn't gotten worse.

(Edit: Not agreeing with OP, just don't really agree with the statement that they are professional musicians so they must know what they are doing. Plenty of professional musicians have fallen to the bad practices of the industry and have albums that sound like shit in recent years).

Thank you. I thought I must be freakin crazy or had the only messed up cd made.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 11 2012, 07:06 AM)
I know what he's talking about with We Hold On, but I think it was an error with the first pressing of S&A because the MVI wasn't like that. I don't hear any mistakes in CA though. confused13.gif

I guess they figured criticizing CA wasn't going to fly so they went back and began criticizing S & A?

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

All you can do is "Wish them Well"!

bekloppt.gif