Production/Mastering issues

Terrapin

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 5 2012, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 5 2012, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 5 2012, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 5 2012, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (quickfree @ Jun 5 2012, 03:45 PM)
And here we go.. tongue.gif

I bet this thread gets to 10 pages, at least. tongue.gif

Place your bets now.

facepalm.gif Sick of this bs,bunch of BORN MOUNERS angry.gif

What's a mouner? Did you mean moaner? No offense buddy, but you do your fair share of moaning around here. wink.gif *mwah*

facepalm.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 6 2012, 06:05 AM)

Place your bets now.

What's a mouner? Did you mean moaner? No offense buddy, but you do your fair share of moaning around here. wink.gif *mwah*

facepalm.gif

schla03.gif

J/K, but seriously, how is predicting this thread will have a lot of posts moaning? Seems like a pretty benign statement to me... confused13.gif

QUOTE (Majestyk @ Jun 6 2012, 06:09 AM)
I can't believe the OP is basing his opinions on leaked MP3's. Unbelievable! The quality of MP3's are just god awful and I wish the format would just go away.

I can't believe how many people aren't reading even the first sentence of the OP's initial post where he says it's based on listening to the actual CD, not to mention at least half a dozen other mentions of that fact in this thread. Do people just give posts the most cursory skim, or only read the thread titles before commenting on a person's post? confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 6 2012, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (Majestyk @ Jun 6 2012, 06:09 AM)
I can't believe the OP is basing his opinions on leaked MP3's.  Unbelievable!  The quality of MP3's are just god awful and I wish the format would just go away.

I can't believe how many people aren't reading even the first sentence of the OP's initial post where he says it's based on listening to the actual CD, not to mention at least half a dozen other mentions of that fact in this thread. Do people just give posts the most cursory skim, or only read the thread titles before commenting on a person's post? confused13.gif

TL,DR

you do realize these are lower quality MP3's...

common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif

Received the fan pack earlier today.....

It's.... O K .....everything will be fine.... !! 653.gif yes.gif

Apart from a few sections where they shoot the lights out

volume wise it sounds great....

There will always be differences of opinion on these matters and as long as they come with a health dollop of respect then that's cool.... trink39.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jun 5 2012, 05:21 PM)
facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 5 2012, 08:22 PM)

Place your bets now.

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 6 2012, 06:12 AM)
QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jun 5 2012, 06:21 PM)
facepalm.gif

ditto

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 6 2012, 08:05 AM)

Place your bets now.

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

Just listen to the drums... you can barely hear them because of the compression. Just compare the original BU2B and Caravan, then listen to the 'remixed' ones... I rest my case!!!

Seems to me that 'mastering' today consists of strapping a compressor and limiter across the main outputs and slamming the volume as high as possible. That's NOT mastering. Any ape can do that...

Mastering is a trade off between getting a nice loud volume, and preserving the dynamics.

Clockwork Angels is a superb album.. The songs are all great, but the mastering has really spoiled it for me. I have the CD and have listened to it loads of times, but that issue... UGH!!!

Edited by geddeeee

QUOTE (geddeeee @ Jun 11 2012, 11:56 AM)
Just listen to the drums... you can barely hear them because of the compression. Just compare the original BU2B and Caravan, then listen to the 'remixed' ones... I rest my case!!!

Seems to me that 'mastering' today consists of strapping a compressor and limiter across the main outputs and slamming the volume as high as possible. That's NOT mastering. Any ape can do that...
Mastering is a trade off between getting a nice loud volume, and preserving the dynamics.

Clockwork Angels is a superb album.. The songs are all great, but the mastering has really spoiled it for me. I have the CD and have listened to it loads of times, but that issue... UGH!!!

blow it out your moon.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 11 2012, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (geddeeee @ Jun 11 2012, 11:56 AM)

blow it out your moon.gif fing.gif

I don't think that will improve the sound.

smile.gif