Why Clockwork Angels is so important to me

Tombstone Mountain

I've been watching this site for years before I made my first posting. what an interesting amalgum of personalities and backgrounds!

I never thought that just a few postings of humor, and what i consider thoughtful insights, would net such responses, emails, and attempts to reach me. So, with what I've heard and seen in terms of questions about who I am and my origins--I'll give these responses:

1) Yes, I am a HUUUUGEEEE RUSH fan.

2) I don't write for The Onion, however I am a screenwriter and actively write for a cable tv show and a couple on-line magazines. I've also written children's books.

3) I would write for the Onion if they would pay me enough

4) the reason I put stuff on this forum is that I think hardcore RUSH fans think the way i do, explore the band the way I have, and appreciate every stinking time they get in the studio or go on the road.

Clockwork Angels is the answer to many a prayer for the band to return to the thing that made them so awesome in the first place. I look at this album as a gift to the faithful who have yearned for a return to the cinematic and epic. Funny a young RUSH fan would lead the way, returning them to explore such lofty realms.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Jun 3 2012, 11:31 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/89qmV.png

Chill, at least the guy is creative and interesting.

Many attempts at humor on RUSH boards have that deadpan trekie/comic quality--a way too inside joke--ball 4 take your base....

This dude swung for the fence and got off a few clever nods at RUSH fandom.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 3 2012, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Jun 3 2012, 11:31 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/89qmV.png

Chill, at least the guy is creative and interesting.

Many attempts at humor on RUSH boards have that deadpan trekie/comic quality--a way too inside joke--ball 4 take your base....

This dude swung for the fence and got off a few clever nods at RUSH fandom.

I can appreciate humor, but this seems a bit much no? Dude is practically spamming the section with joke threads.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 3 2012, 03:26 PM)
Sorry to offend thy delicate proclivities...ya know...we're all just people waiting for the same thing...have a good time before the steamroller gets here.!

Didn't mean no hard feelings. I shouldn't speak for others anyhow. trink39.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 3 2012, 03:37 PM)
I think this guy is great. We need more comedians here. Too many people just take things too seriously!

I just think people are on edge with the album being so close. Plus, there is such thing as comedy in moderation. When you have 6+ threads about fake leaks, and fake Rush articles, you can sort of see why people are getting cranky.

That said, I've realized I'm being too uptight about it. So I apologize. tongue.gif

I smell what ur steppin' in! However, I have read a multitude of crap in this forum that adds zero to the conversation about CA. At least I'm dishin' out something quality!!!

Dude, go write ahead and do what you do. It s funny, specially the Clockwork Angels in its entirety. That was brilliant and really enjoyed readcing it. Very creative and entertaining. I know it was BS from the get go, so I wasn't put off like most hear. Just keep doing what you do!

People need to lighten up! Ok Francis!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 3 2012, 10:29 PM)
Dude, go write ahead and do what you do. It s funny, specially the Clockwork Angels in its entirety. That was brilliant and really enjoyed readcing it. Very creative and entertaining. I know it was BS from the get go, so I wasn't put off like most hear. Just keep doing what you do!

People need to lighten up! Ok Francis!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

thanks...really appreciate the feedback--will do!!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 3 2012, 11:07 AM)
Clockwork Angels is the answer to many a prayer for the band to return to the thing that made them so awesome in the first place. I look at this album as a gift to the faithful who have yearned for a return to the cinematic and epic.

the new stuff is amazingly put together...varied...smooth....crunching....soaring!!!!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 3 2012, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (Pericles @ Jun 3 2012, 05:14 PM)
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/did%20not%20read/grand/09379919did_not_read.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/gifs/gay_smack.gif

man those images are a freaking scream. what movie is the black cowboy from? It's a riot!

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif