Now that the track samples are out...

Alchemical

Which 30-second CA sample impressed you the most?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which 30-second CA sample impressed you the most?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 1 2012, 01:40 PM)
I'm not sure which is my favourite but "Wish them Well" was a lot better than I expected after being dissed in a couple of the reviews...

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

Okay, it was hard to narrow it down, but I think I can honestly say that the beginning to the title track "Clockwork Angels" is my fave.

After listening again since last night, I get the requisite goosebumps when I like something.

I truly LOVE the singing and then that echoey guitar effect that follows - that's when I feel like I'm having an epiphany. It's the closest to the Rush sound in my opinion.

Seven Cities of Gold, hands down the best one to me. I can't stop playing it. A killer funky bass riff is about the best I could have asked for.

I don't get how people are coming up with all this stuff about the title track out of the blue, when it was probably the clip that gave us the least amount of actual substance of what the song will be, I'd say nearly none. It was purely intro, unlike some of the others where we at least heard a riff that would continue throughout the song. Yet people are coming up with all sorts of things that they think this clip tells them about the song.. it really seems like people are just making up whatever they want it to be. We still don't really know what that one sounds like at all yet.

I went with the title track, because of what it portends for the future...once we have the entire song in our hands.

It just sounds like it's going to be epic.

I, too, love the fact that the choices are so spread out. Probably means we'll have plenty of great tracks to choose from. It also means that I'll have "new" favorites as time goes on, like was the case with past Rush albums.

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 1 2012, 02:15 PM)
In the end, I do think the title track is going to be the standout. Are you guys hearing this as a fast 12/8 goove, based on Neil's pattern and the guitar pattern at the end of the clip? If so, I think CA will be along the lines of Pink Floyd's One of These Days, which is going to be epic. ohmy.gif 1022.gif

YES! That clip is the teasiest-of-all to me. Neil and Alex are winding up and it cuts out RIGHT when it sounds like it's about to start really taking off!

I voted The Garden just because of that amazingly haunting first 22 seconds. Like I said before sounds like something off an Iron Maiden record. Can't believe no one has voted for BU2B. That new atmospheric beginning will just add to what was already a great song to start with. Also I don't find Wish Them Well to be a dud at all based on this short clip. Sounds promising actually. Choosing between these clips is like asking somebody who their favorite child is. Impossible. Edited by presto123

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 01:29 PM)
Finally a worthwhile poll! I am super torn between "Clockwork Angels", "Carnies" and "The Garden", need to listen again before I can decide.

I instantly thought the same thing... Thankfully, a worthwhile poll.

Title track, all the way.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jun 1 2012, 06:46 PM)
Seven Cities of Gold, hands down the best one to me. I can't stop playing it. A killer funky bass riff is about the best I could have asked for.

I don't get how people are coming up with all this stuff about the title track out of the blue, when it was probably the clip that gave us the least amount of actual substance of what the song will be, I'd say nearly none. It was purely intro, unlike some of the others where we at least heard a riff that would continue throughout the song. Yet people are coming up with all sorts of things that they think this clip tells them about the song.. it really seems like people are just making up whatever they want it to be. We still don't really know what that one sounds like at all yet.

I don't know that people are necessarily making up what they want it to be. I can't speak for others, but for me, the last 5 seconds of the clip are an incredible transition.... the anticipation of where the song appears to be going is the reason I voted for Clockwork Angels.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 1 2012, 02:49 PM)
Love the guitar on Carnies, but that Seven Cities of Gold clip is boner city.

This, although no boner for me biggrin.gif

I concur with Seven Cities - that funky sound is new for them, and I want to see where they take it. BU2B2 has such a foreboding sound that it comes in a close second, and the synth in CA and the strings and acoustic wistfulness of The Garden make me want more.

Seriously hard to pick. I went with the underdog "Wish the Well" because I'm craving some killer melodic Rush to mix with the heavy 3 songs released. 7 cities and the title track intrique me...hell, this whole album does...of course. 653.gif

Wish I could change my vote to Wreckers. It was the only one with vocal melodies that were actually pleasing to me. The rest sound like they were slapped together on the fly and not actually slaved over. Wreckers has a good vocal melody something Geddy has not been very good at for a long time now so yeah, my vote goes to that easily.

I think I originally voted for the title track due to the cool intro, but that changed when I heard 30 secs of the actual song which I hated.

Edited by trenken