Hello fellow Rushians.

ShlappinDahBass

Hello all who read this! I'm new to the forums so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Austin and I hail from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Born on June 2nd, 93'. I have just started listening to Rush my sophomore year of High School (about 3 years from now). I would love to share my story with you all of how much these guys have changed my life with my case of Aspergers but I'll save that for another day. I'm already boring you all just by enough introducing myself. I will probably be sounding like a cliche fan...

Let me just start by how excited I am that I have finally found as big of Rush fanatics as me. I have been immensely teased and made fun of through my High School career for how much I love these guys. And it honestly really sucked because NO ONE else has shared the same passion as I do with these guys. Now I finally found a massive group.

But yes, a massive Rush fan. There hasn't been a day that has gone by where I don't even listen to more than an albums worth. My favorites would have to be Fly By Night, 2112, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, Counterparts, Snakes and Arrows, and I have amazingly high hopes for Clockwork Angels (since it's my first album they'll be releasing since I got into them).

Craziest thing is that I haven't even found a song I actually dislike from these guys. Just knowing their background and how hard they've worked is amazing enough for me to appreciate every song they make. Only song I personally have an issue with is Dog Years in their Test for Echos album, but it's not worthy of skipping, in my opinion.

I will be attending my first ever Rush concert at the Detroit show this September with my dad. I am SO pumped. He told me that their concerts are the best he has ever been to.

I don't know about you guys, but already by listening to the 3 singles from Clockwork Angels, this album is going to be full of so much insanity and talent. Ged's voice even sounds amazing.

I've been practicing the bass for about 1-2 years now. Slowly getting used it and playing it more now that Ged is a maaassive inspiration to me. My dad also plays the drums, so we sometimes have jam sessions. Pretty fun.

Any who, hope this was a proper introduction. Rock hard Rush fans. Hope to get to know you all in the near future. And with that, I leave you this cat....

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1U2Bq4/:1vK_...pmE2cOLNbJ.gif/

Welcome, ShlappinDahBass! trink39.gif Great username new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley-greet024.gif

Welcome to TRF! It's so great to have younger fans coming here to share their love for da Boyz.

I'm with you - I don't dislike any of their songs though there are a few that don't do as much for me. However, I maintain that even bad Rush beats most of the crap being produced today. yes.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ May 30 2012, 04:01 PM)
I will be attending my first ever Rush concert at the Detroit show this September with my dad. I am SO pumped. He told me that their concerts are the best he has ever been to.

First concert? Nice! Where'd you get seats?

Maybe I'll see ya there trink39.gif

Agreed. Today's "music" is getting out of hand. Mainly why I'm made fun of all the time for not conforming to today's society of music.

We got our seats in the 125 section. Kind of lame seats for my first time, I guess. Would those actually be nice seats, though, for Auburn Hills?

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ May 31 2012, 06:40 AM)
Agreed. Today's "music" is getting out of hand. Mainly why I'm made fun of all the time for not conforming to today's society of music.

We got our seats in the 125 section. Kind of lame seats for my first time, I guess. Would those actually be nice seats, though, for Auburn Hills?

Nah...no lame seats, especially for the first show!

Once it starts, you'll be in awe from wherever you sit! 1022.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ May 30 2012, 05:01 PM)
Only song I personally have an issue with is Dog Years in their Test for Echos album, but it's not worthy of skipping, in my opinion.

Oh, yes it is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/WelcomeRed.gif

Edited by Khan

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ May 31 2012, 05:40 AM)

I was there to see Rammstein earlier this month and my seat was upgraded to section 121 or 122. It was pretty difficult to see anything on the stage, to be honest. But your section is closer than I was. That, and everything's played on giant screens (for Rush at least). You'll have a pretty decent view yes.gif

Welcome to TRF! bekloppt.gif

You'll like it here!

Clockwork Angels is my first album since becoming a fan too! Have a great time at your first concert. I have to wait til next May to see them again.

Hey welcome to TRF. Loved your intro....welcome enjoy and stay a while, coathooks are in the hallway, you don't HAVE to take your shoes off, but the carpeting is plush here, and no one minds if you spill beverages

rofl3.gif

Haha. You guys are great. Rammstein is a crazy band, too. Weird, but pretty good. I am extremely excited for the concert, then. Jeese, next May? Do you live in the UK somewhere? Thanks for the warm welcoming, you guys! Hope to get to know you all soon.