Rush Road Case for Sale!

For sale - a road case for a fender twin that was lost or stolen from Rush in the late 70s and recently discovered and returned to them. As you can see it's beat up but for any die hard Rush fan this would be an awesome collectable/conversation piece.

Provenance will be included from the legal department of Rush's management company.

Rush Road Case on kijiji

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/FreddyGabs/Rushroadcase.jpg

No price listed. How much are you looking to get?

Thanks!

Well a Twin will run you at least a grand, maybe $800.

This case was owned by Alex with touring scars and the Rush logo from the 70's. I have access to the matching drum cases (since my buddy Adam has the PW/MP/ESL kit). This case is authentic.

Here is a picture of Neil's former drum tech Larry Allen ® delivering the kit to Adam (red shirt) back in 1982:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/6289_125188918676_122182118676_3094361_2112470_n.jpg

QUOTE (default236 @ May 31 2012, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (LerxstLuthier @ May 22 2012, 05:07 PM)
open to offers over $1000

Hey Lerxstluthier, just out of curiosity, will this case fit a Deluxe Reverb? Thanks!!

Yes, it will fit a Deluxe very nicely. You will have to add an inch thick piece of foam on each side for the width and a half inch piece on each side for the depth, and a 2" piece on top for the hieght.

QUOTE (LerxstLuthier @ May 31 2012, 09:41 AM)

Hey Lerxstluthier, just out of curiosity, will this case fit a Deluxe Reverb? Thanks!!

Yes, it will fit a Deluxe very nicely. You will have to add an inch thick piece of foam on each side for the width and a half inch piece on each side for the depth, and a 2" piece on top for the hieght.

COOL!! Thanks for the info. I really enjoy your work. I'm sure you get asked this alot, but did you ever sell that custom Telecaster you made? It looked and sounded really good! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It was cool to experience it as a friend of his as well. There were over 5,000 entries many of which were sifted through by MD staff then handed over to Neil for the final judgement.

Other tales from along the way:

Another friend of ours encouraged Adam to participate without whom he would not have. He basically told Adam "You are the right guy to win these..." And those word rang true. Adam has cared for the kit extremely well ever since, despite the road used condition (still very nice).

About a week before he got the call (literally) we were all at a friend's swimming when Adam spoke up and claimed that his entry was in the top 10. We started speculating as to what it would be like and if he would be willing to give small pieces to friends, like stands of whatever. This went on for an hour or so before he came clean and that his story was BS.

About a week later I got a call from another mutual friend. I answered and the voice on the other end simply said "Dude, Adam won..." to which I replied "Yeah, right... I heard this crap story last week. Nice try." Then my buddy Rick said "Call Jerry" the friend who had encouraged Adam to enter. So I did and asked him if it were real this time. Jerry told me it was true. Unbelievable!

When I called the first friend back I got more of the story (we were still in school while Adam had graduated and was working already). Turns out Neil had called Adam's house and got his mom, but Adam was not there. She knew who it was and about the contest so she freaked out a little and asked Neil to call back while she tried to round Adam up. He was at the guy's house who called me to tell me. SO when Adam finally returned home the phone rang and his mom said it was probably for him and he should answer, which was weird. Then he answered and could tell it was long distance. The voice on the other end said hello and asked for Adam, who still wasn't sure what was up. Adam to this day mispronounces Neil's last name as "Pert" so when Neil said it was Neil Peart (properly) it threw Adam a little to the point that Adam accused Neil of being an uncle from Missouri playing a joke on him. After the reality set in they ended up spending quite a while on the phone. They talked about drumming and eventually Neil asked what size kit Adam already had. It was basically the same setup with minor differences but different manufacturers (Ludwig, Pearl, Slingerland). Neil kind of figured and asked Adam if he would be willing to give up his drums if he were to get Neil's drums. Of course he agreed to send his kit to a younger entrant who wrote very well and deserved some manner of prize.

A few months later Neil's tech at the time Larry Allen arrived with a truck and the road cases filled with the drums. Plus a bunch of cymbals (we determined that he ended up with the hats that were used as far back as Hemispheres) but not the famous ride cymbal, nor Old Faithful. Adam did get the matching Tama snare drum. Adam kindly gave me my favorite piece... If you watch ESL you can see that the 12" closed tom moves quite a bit. Neil put together a little brace made from small pieces of metal, a screw and an old style rubber eraser with "Patent Pending" heat stamped into it. It attached to one of the tension rods. It was cool because Neil made it. I had that little piece until it was stolen with some other valuable years later. Oh well. Totally useless and more than likely trashed by the thief.

Anyway, my good friend had Neil's drums and I have had access to them since I was 15 (which means this is the 30th anniversary year of the win... Yikes I'm old!).

On the left bass drum there is a small brass plaque that states "Designed by Tama Drums made for Neil Peart Awarded to Adam R_______ 1982."

QUOTE (default236 @ May 31 2012, 03:55 PM)

COOL!! Thanks for the info. I really enjoy your work. I'm sure you get asked this alot, but did you ever sell that custom Telecaster you made? It looked and sounded really good! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hey Thanks!

Oh yeah that tele is long gone. Lots more on the go though. biggrin.gif

By the way, there were no bites on the road case at all!

It is being donated to charity.

QUOTE (LerxstLuthier @ Jun 14 2012, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ May 31 2012, 03:55 PM)

Hey Thanks!

Oh yeah that tele is long gone. Lots more on the go though. biggrin.gif

By the way, there were no bites on the road case at all!

It is being donated to charity.

Well that's good it's going to charity. Hey, workin on anymore Lifeson 355's? Always seems like you always got at least a few in your shop! laugh.gif common001.gif rofl3.gif