Happy 20th anniversary...Revenge

...still one of Kiss's best albums and EASILY the appearance highlight of the band sans makeup. The attitude...the edge...it was back. Shit like Uh! All Night seemed like a bad dream when the first refrain of Unholy hit my ears.

Hard to believe it's been that long already.

The best produced Ezrin /Kiss album they did . Unholy is one of my Fav Kiss songs ever and Carr Jam 81 1022.gif rose.gif

Great tour also . Sad part is i saw it in an arena that holds 15,000 and there were no more then 5,000 people at the show . No shock they got Ace and Peter back soon after laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2012, 09:37 AM)
Great tour also . Sad part is i saw it in an arena that holds 15,000 and there were no more then 5,000 people at the show . No shock they got Ace and Peter back soon after laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That's weird. I guess people weren't into the KISS without makeup?!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 21 2012, 08:42 AM)

laugh.gif

I loved the show but when Kiss draws 5,000 in an arena in N.Y. , you pick up the phone and call Ace and Peter laugh.gif

Sounds familiar. I saw them in Roanoke VA on that tour with Trixter and Faster Pussycat opening. Definitely not a full house. It was GA on the floor and I was able to get up front and got a Gene pick. I think they had already stopped selling the tour programs at the shows by that point.

As a side note about Trixter... I saw their guitarist Steve Brown 2 months ago playing in a Branchburg NJ bar with his 3-piece band. While they were sitting in a booth before they went on, they definitely didn't look excited to be there.

As for Revenge... definitely one of the best non-make-up albums. HitS was a step in the right direction. Revenge was right where they should've been all along. Only bad thing about this album is that Eric Carr was already gone.

QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ May 21 2012, 08:54 AM)
As for Revenge... definitely one of the best non-make-up albums. HitS was a step in the right direction. Revenge was right where they should've been all along. Only bad thing about this album is that Eric Carr was already gone.

yes.gif I think the album would have been that much better with Carr

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2012, 08:37 AM)

Then why do they sellout shows now ?

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 21 2012, 02:59 PM)

You would be shocked how many people Don't know that is not Ace and Peter . I have met a few of them.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2012, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ May 21 2012, 08:54 AM)
As for Revenge... definitely one of the best non-make-up albums.  HitS was a step in the right direction.  Revenge was right where they should've been all along.  Only bad thing about this album is that Eric Carr was already gone.

yes.gif I think the album would have been that much better with Carr

Well Carr is on the album on one song, the Carr Jam 1981, so that's better than nothing considering he was dead then...

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2012, 09:46 AM)

laugh.gif

I loved the show but when Kiss draws 5,000 in an arena in N.Y. , you pick up the phone and call Ace and Peter laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2012, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 21 2012, 02:59 PM)

You would be shocked how many people Don't know that is not Ace and Peter . I have met a few of them.

Absolutely true, and kind of sad as well.

laugh.gif

Yeah, Kiss wasn't exactly thriving, but pretty much surviving the post makeup years. They'd done really well the tour before (Hot In The Shade), but by the time Revenge came around we were in a recession...and, as good as the album was, it was a flop, which SUCKS since it's so good.

However it wasn't Kiss's only taste of letdown. In 1980 Kiss's popularity (even with the makeup still on) was waning in the U.S. They didn't tour Unmasked in the states after over-booking and having to scale back the Dynasty tour the year earlier. They played well in Europe and Australia treated them like kings, but the U.S. was disinterested.

By the time of The Elder in '81, there was no interest in a tour and that album received only a few promotional TV appearances.

Unmasking in '83 actually HELPED them get out of the funk they'd been in, quite honestly....although it was never as popular as the original four in makeup, but it was a breath of fresh air.

Why they still sell well with Tommy and Eric dressed as Ace and Peter I don't know, although I'll back up the notion that many casual attendees neither know nor care that it's not the original band. Their current numbers are almost shockingly good to me. I would've lost money on whether people would go for that or not.

They're setting up a Kiss 2.0 where it's NONE of them in the band and that they're this touring brand. Basically a glorified and financially backed cover band. Zero interest from this fan.

I am looking forward to the new album this fall though.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 22 2012, 07:28 AM)

laugh.gif

Yeah, Kiss wasn't exactly thriving, but pretty much surviving the post makeup years. They'd done really well the tour before (Hot In The Shade), but by the time Revenge came around we were in a recession...and, as good as the album was, it was a flop, which SUCKS since it's so good.

However it wasn't Kiss's only taste of letdown. In 1980 Kiss's popularity (even with the makeup still on) was waning in the U.S. They didn't tour Unmasked in the states after over-booking and having to scale back the Dynasty tour the year earlier. They played well in Europe and Australia treated them like kings, but the U.S. was disinterested.

By the time of The Elder in '81, there was no interest in a tour and that album received only a few promotional TV appearances.

Unmasking in '83 actually HELPED them get out of the funk they'd been in, quite honestly....although it was never as popular as the original four in makeup, but it was a breath of fresh air.

Why they still sell well with Tommy and Eric dressed as Ace and Peter I don't know, although I'll back up the notion that many casual attendees neither know nor care that it's not the original band. Their current numbers are almost shockingly good to me. I would've lost money on whether people would go for that or not.

They're setting up a Kiss 2.0 where it's NONE of them in the band and that they're this touring brand. Basically a glorified and financially backed cover band. Zero interest from this fan.

I hear ya.

With that said, I can't stand when people cry about Ace not being in the band. Sure, he's a great guitarist no doubt.

But Tommy is more than holding up his end of the bargain...he's a fantastic guitarist, and is smokin' on Sonic Boom. He seems to have his head on straight, and works hard every night on stage.

Same goes for Eric Singer. The guy is awesome...yes, he's not Peter but who cares. He handles the skins just as well, and even his singing is great. Black Diamond was great in the shows I went to, and 'All For The Glory' is one of my favourites on Sonic Boom.

Yeah, I know people bitch about them using Ace and Peter's makeup, but honestly, I could care less. It means nothing. All I care about is watching the guys kick ass on stage, and KISS does that every night.

I too cannot wait to hear the new album...looking forward to it being either along the same lines as SB, or even better hopefully. 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 22 2012, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 22 2012, 07:28 AM)

laugh.gif

I hear ya.

With that said, I can't stand when people cry about Ace not being in the band. Sure, he's a great guitarist no doubt.

But Tommy is more than holding up his end of the bargain...he's a fantastic guitarist, and is smokin' on Sonic Boom. He seems to have his head on straight, and works hard every night on stage.

Same goes for Eric Singer. The guy is awesome...yes, he's not Peter but who cares. He handles the skins just as well, and even his singing is great. Black Diamond was great in the shows I went to, and 'All For The Glory' is one of my favourites on Sonic Boom.

Yeah, I know people bitch about them using Ace and Peter's makeup, but honestly, I could care less. It means nothing. All I care about is watching the guys kick ass on stage, and KISS does that every night.

I too cannot wait to hear the new album...looking forward to it being either along the same lines as SB, or even better hopefully. 1022.gif

Peter just plain Can't play anymore . Ace fell of the stage when i saw him in Oct , sober my ass. Gene and Paul should have made Eric and Tommy new characters , not the Spaceman and Catman. Lame. I know why they left it alone but it don't make it right

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 22 2012, 02:26 PM)
It's beyond me why anyone would want Peter back in the band , Eric is waaaaaay better.

True and Eric should have his own makeup , not Peters

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2012, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 22 2012, 02:26 PM)
It's beyond me why anyone would want Peter back in the band , Eric is waaaaaay better.

True and Eric should have his own makeup , not Peters

It could have been worse ..they could have gave hm Eric Carr's fox make up.