SPOILER: BU2B

losingit2k

Do you think that BU2B will make a good followup to Alex's Solo now that it has an acoustic beginning?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that BU2B will make a good followup to Alex's Solo now that it has an acoustic beginning?

• yes
    • no
    • Another poll! really?
    • Well at least this poll doesn't have a set list attached!
    • Alex's has an acoustic Solo?
    • I think it would sound better alone without the Acoustic beginning

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 17 2012, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ May 16 2012, 06:01 PM)
Okay - WTF!!! Is there not a rule on spoilers here???

I haven't read a SINGLE review of the album because I don't want to know any of the details and just enjoy it on it's own merits, so thanks for letting me know BU2B has a f*ckin acoustic intro so you can start yet another NONSENSICAL POLL.

Yeah, the rule is if there's a spoiler, start the thread title with "SPOILER". Which he did so.. yeah. I'm not sure why you even opened the thread confused13.gif

Um...not that it matters now, but I believe the "spoiler" tag was added afterwards by the mods...

I was cleaning house this morning when BU2B came on my Ipod. I must admit I quite enjoyed it. Go figure. It is a pretty good song. atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Well Alex said in a new interview that Caravan and BU2B weren't re-recorded, just remixed, so I guess they recorded a new intro then mixed it into the existing track.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 23 2012, 09:01 AM)
Well Alex said in a new interview that Caravan and BU2B weren't re-recorded, just remixed, so I guess they recorded a new intro then mixed it into the existing track.

True but we've known this for a while from the early reviews which clearly explained that they were simply remixed and with some strings added. Go back and see my post on page 1 on May 16th. There hadn't even been a hint that they might be re-recorded in over a year.

QUOTE (Alexmai @ May 23 2012, 09:08 AM)
The 2010 versions were "single edit", so probably they already had intros...

Yeah, it's entirely possible that the whole intro was simply cut from the version we got 2 years ago and it's just as old. On the other hand if there are also strings in it then it's probably new. Or maybe the guitar intro was already there and they added strings afterward. It'll likely be more obvious when we hear it. The fan pack that's supposed to go into detail of all the songs may explain who did what, when, and how. smile.gif

I know this is a reiteration of what most of this thread says, but can we please wait for the album to come out before we speculate about these kinds of things? It's really hard to answer questions like this when we haven't heard it yet.

I'm gunna go listen to BU2B now because I gave it another chance the other day and I am starting to dig the song again. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 23 2012, 10:54 AM)
I was cleaning house this morning when BU2B came on my Ipod. I must admit I quite enjoyed it. Go figure. It is a pretty good song. atickhum.gif bacon.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Nice...I remember you saying you weren't a fan. I'm not crazy about the lyrics, but the music and melodies are so good...that it's always made up for it for me.

It's definitely still my favourite of the 3 singles. 1022.gif

You know, I want to get back to discussing songs that we think might be good paired with songs that we know are good because that is some interesting talk. I remember seeing the title 2112 as a track on one of Rush's earlier albums and thought that I might not like it because it was a higher number than 1999 and I didn't really care for Prince's song at all. But you see, I liked 1984 and 1 is the loneliest number. Come to think of it, I liked 22 Acacia Avenue as well. Truth be told, 2000 light years from home was not a favorite of mine either.

I guess that I just liked low number songs so I was prepared to hate it and could not understand why it was always played in the encores of those shows in the early to mid 80s setlists I saw on bootlegs and friends lists. Low and behold, I finally heard 2112 and actually liked the song despite it's title. I guess that is why I have no clue as to how to vote before I hear the intro....