Show Don't Tell

According to Wikipedia, this song hasn't been played since the Counterparts tour. That's coming up on 20 years!

I loved this song from first listen, and I still do. That guitar riff is killer! And it's got some great bass playing. That piano breakdown section is really cool too.

Anybody else hoping they play Show Don't Tell? common001.gif

It'd also fit perfectly as TRF's official theme song.

How many times do you hear it?

It goes on all day long

Everyone knows everything

And no one's ever wrong

Until later

tongue.gif

I always have Show Don't Tell on my wish list. It's probably the only essential RUSH song that has been caught Live on Video! Well that one and Test for Echo! I hope they bring both back for this tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I would like to hear it live as well. If they wanted to give one of the regular hits like Freewill or Limelight a rest for this tour, this song would be good replacement for one of them since it's a song most people know but it hasn't been played to death through the years.

I'll be the party-pooper... they do not play this song very well live. At all. The tempo slows down like a car driving through a foot of water after a flash flood. The groove of that main riff is totally lost.

Same thing applies for Animate... the slow tempo just kills the groove. sad.gif

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ May 15 2012, 09:50 AM)
I'll be the party-pooper... they do not play this song very well live. At all. The tempo slows down like a car driving through a foot of water after a flash flood. The groove of that main riff is totally lost.

Same thing applies for Animate... the slow tempo just kills the groove. sad.gif

I don't know about anybody else but I really like the version of Show Don't Tell on Different Stages. It's got a little more punch to it but i'm not sure if Geddy will be able to sing it as good now.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 16 2012, 09:00 AM)
i'm not sure if Geddy will be able to sing it as good now.

Well, Geddy's still managing quite well with songs like Freewill, Working Man, and 2112...so I trust he could still pull of Show Don't Tell yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 15 2012, 07:31 AM)
I always have Show Don't Tell on my wish list. It's probably the only essential RUSH song that has been caught Live on Video! Well that one and Test for Echo! I hope they bring both back for this tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

TEST FOR ECHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! 1022.gif