911?

friendlyfloridian

I must admit that on first inspection I perceived it as 9:11/eleven minutes past 9 or 911. However, I was thinking in terms of the year 2111, a year before 2112 and perhaps a kind of "prequel" to 2112, given the "seeing the future from the past" rhetoric and the Time Machine Tour...

Then I realized that I was looking too deeply.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooters has a flavor of wings called 911.

They are so supposedly so hot you might need to call 911 for an emergency.

Does anyone think this is offensive and should be changed?

I sure as hell don;t

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 12 2012, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 12 2012, 10:53 AM)
I think Rush might be referencing 911 buffalo wings. During the time machine tour Neil looked as if he'd been enjoying them recently. I mean, look at his face. If I had just eaten 911 buffalo wings and had to hold it in while I drummed for 3 hours I would also be making that face.

That would explain the instrumentals they've written, such as Where's My Wings?, Leave Those Wings Alone

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 12 2012, 12:04 PM)
I loved 'Different Wings' from Permanent Waves. And the song 'Resist' was all about Neil's addiction. "I can learn to resist any wing but temptation." Says it all right there...

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 12 2012, 01:23 PM)

I'm beginning to see a pattern emerge. It's all beginning to make sense now. I believe I may start a new religion.

Edited by ioc

QUOTE (ioc @ May 12 2012, 05:20 PM)
I think Rush might be referencing 911 buffalo wings. During the time machine tour Neil looked as if he'd been enjoying them recently. I mean, look at his face. If I had just eaten 911 buffalo wings and had to hold it in while I drummed for 3 hours I would also be making that face.

That would explain the instrumentals they've written, such as Where's My Wings?, Leave Those Wings Alone

I loved 'Different Wings' from Permanent Waves. And the song 'Resist' was all about Neil's addiction. "I can learn to resist any wing but temptation." Says it all right there...

I'm beginning to see a pattern emerge. It's all beginning to make sense now. I believe I may start a new religion.

I think I may write a book about how Rush's success is purely based on Neil's inability to digest 911 buffalo wings. You make your first draft on that religion and I'll make my first draft on that book and we'll meet back here sometime before the tour starts. Deal?

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 12 2012, 05:35 PM)

I think I may write a book about how Rush's success is purely based on Neil's inability to digest 911 buffalo wings. You make your first draft on that religion and I'll make my first draft on that book and we'll meet back here sometime before the tour starts. Deal?

Deal!

I can see the $$ now.

Partaking of the holy sacraments alone is worth the price of admission. (probably wings and rush...maybe beer. Eh, I figure it out)

There's gotta be a down-side, so we'll make it so everyone has to wear huge, thick glasses like Bubbles during services.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 12 2012, 05:45 PM)

Deal!

I can see the $$ now.

Partaking of the holy sacraments alone is worth the price of admission. (probably wings and rush...maybe beer. Eh, I figure it out)

There's gotta be a down-side, so we'll make it so everyone has to wear huge, thick glasses like Bubbles during services.

Protective gear for when the wings kick in, excellent thinking! Perhaps gas masks should be readily available along the walls just in case? I mean, churches do tend to get stuffy when a lot of people attend.

Can I be a Priestess of this new religion? Or is it going to be another Boy's Club? wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 12 2012, 06:53 PM)
Oh, it turned into a comedy thread. I suppose that's why it's still open. Then again, who knows.

Maybe; but if you're talking about my new religion, you're way out. As we all know, religion is never funny...at least not on purpose. Although I do think there should be one holy day for humor...but only dark humor...or silly humor...or Good Humor (ice cream, that is). Still, a little ice cream does not a funny religion make. And depending on what direction it takes, that suggestion may even be sacrilegious. So be careful or you'll burn in a lake of really, really hot sauce that burns your tongue forever and ever.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ May 12 2012, 07:30 PM)
Can I be a Priestess of this new religion? Or is it going to be another Boy's Club? wink.gif laugh.gif

Absolutely! Although everyone will have to check their intellect at the door, due to the metaphysical interference that wisdom tends to interject into our collective spirituality. (plus it curdles the dipping sauce)

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 12 2012, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (ioc @ May 12 2012, 05:45 PM)

Deal!

I can see the $$ now.

Protective gear for when the wings kick in, excellent thinking! Perhaps gas masks should be readily available along the walls just in case? I mean, churches do tend to get stuffy when a lot of people attend.

Capital idea. Because churches also tend to get stuffy after eating a great deal of wings...stuffy and acrid.

I sure as hell don;t

They are not hot, they suck. That dishonors 911 more than anything

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 12 2012, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 11 2012, 03:25 PM)
Still to me it looks like 9:11. It is only 1 minute away from that. I am kinda surprised the guys didn't consider that. I had a friend that died on the flight that hit tower 2.

Oh well...

I think your friend had a lucky escape from an attention whore like you!

Why don't you get a T-Shirt proclaiming "I'm entitled because I had a friend killed on 9/11" ?

What a shit friend you turned out to be. It is the likes of you that dishonours the victims of that atrocity.

Shame on you!!!

Wow......... wacko.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 12 2012, 09:59 PM)
I sure as hell don;t

They are not hot, they suck. That dishonors 911 more than anything

Hooters shall henceforth be known as the "False Prophet"

QUOTE (English Muffin @ May 14 2012, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 14 2012, 06:20 PM)

Good point

Yeah, I am SO GLAD we couldn't let this amazing thread die. sarcasm.gif

ff, you are such an attention whore.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 14 2012, 12:30 PM)

Good point

He disobeyed the holy mantra, "Thou gotta let it go."

We'll have to forgive him, for clearly he is on his period.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 14 2012, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 14 2012, 12:30 PM)

Good point

He disobeyed the holy mantra, "Thou gotta let it go."

We'll have to forgive him, for clearly he is on his period.

yes.gif

Time will do its healing

You've got to let it go

Let it go

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 12 2012, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 12 2012, 12:48 PM)

That would explain the instrumentals they've written, such as Where's My Wings?, Leave Those Wings Alone, and the upcoming cover/spoof of the Smashing Pumpkins' hit single, Belly With Buffalo Wings.....

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

What about "Peaceable Wingdom" and A Farewell to Wings? Two of my personal favorites.

This thread to a turn towards anti-Fail.