Which of the "Big 10" should be retired this tour?

Which of the following would you be totally fine with NOT hearing on the upcoming tour?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you be totally fine with NOT hearing on the upcoming tour?

• Working Man
    • La Villa Strangiato
    • The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • Subdivisions

Im most sick of Tom, but voted for WM because that would take it out of the encore slot and we would get something different for a change. In The End is long, long overdue, and needs to get back in there. Think the ESL encore medley.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Freewill simply because I don't like the song.

But a close second is Working Man. LOVE IT, but I'd rather hear something different in it's place. There's only so much the do to extend that song. After listening to recordings from different tours and especially from the last tour... I'd like them to bring in something else in it's place.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 12 2012, 09:35 AM)
Im most sick of Tom, but voted for WM because that would take it out of the encore slot and we would get something different for a change. In The End is long, long overdue, and needs to get back in there. Think the ESL encore medley.

I wouldn't mind not hearing Tom Sawyer, but it would be a tragedy for first timers not to hear it, so it doesn't bother me. It's still fun to hear it and I still sing and dance along.

In the End would be sensational. It's one of my favorites from that era and would love to hear it live!

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 9 2012, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (default236 @ May 9 2012, 08:53 AM)
Tom Sawyer!! I'm tired of it!! There are much better sings than this!! It seems to mainstream to me. I mean I never hear Cinderella Man or Bastille Day. It's time for a change, a BIG change.

I think Geddy could still sing Cinderella Man. That song isn't too far out of the vocal range he has today. But there's no way Bastille Day will ever been played again. Even if they down tune the song to try and fit his voice now it would just sound too odd, just like how Circumstances sounded a bit strange on the S&A tour. Bastille Day would sound even stranger than that.

I loved the circumstances from the S&A tour i thought it was great!

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 8 2012, 01:54 PM)
Where's the 'none of the above' option, for those who are going to their first show.. or for those who aren't sick to death of any of these songs. Anyone who's sick to death maybe should consider not seeing Rush live anymore.

Oh, I know, I'm not playing along. Oh well.. sorry for your embarrassment of riches.

I agree. The Atlanta show will be my first live show, so I hope they play all of them, but I voted for Working Man. They could replace that with Red Sector A and I would be happy.

I still haven't heard every single song by Rush, though. I'm working on it. The more I listen to them the more I love them. They are musical geniuses for sure.