List Bands Or Solo Artists

presto123

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 8 2012, 10:49 PM)
Screaming Trees

Agreed on this one! Screaming Trees were excellent, better than any other band to come out of Seattle. They were the only "grunge" band that I liked.

Another band that just came to mind is Live. They had some hits but were never as big as they should have been.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VarianStar @ May 17 2012, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 8 2012, 10:49 PM)
Screaming Trees

Agreed on this one! Screaming Trees were excellent, better than any other band to come out of Seattle. They were the only "grunge" band that I liked.

Another band that just came to mind is Live. They had some hits but were never as big as they should have been.

Live is great. They were pretty well known though. Just remembered that song Lakini's Juice. What a great song. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 17 2012, 07:13 PM)
Buddy Guy

yes.gif

That man is an entertainer!!! and a huge talent

I'm going to add EXTREME to the list. Phenominal talents. mild break through with those ballads but those guys rocked. III Sides to Every Story is one of my all time fav albums

Also, a small band called Cry of Love had some really cool stuff

QUOTE (briremo @ May 17 2012, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 17 2012, 07:13 PM)
Buddy Guy

yes.gif

That man is an entertainer!!! and a huge talent

I'm going to add EXTREME to the list. Phenominal talents. mild break through with those ballads but those guys rocked. III Sides to Every Story is one of my all time fav albums

Also, a small band called Cry of Love had some really cool stuff

Seeing him over the summer convinced me. Slapping his guitar with a drum stick and dirty rag. Wandering through the crowd singin to people, and still making spectacular albums. "Living Proof" is one of the best albums of 2010.

Faith No More-

Listen to their first three full albums (not counting "We Care A Lot" their first actual album that was independently done) and you hear a look into the future of hard rock/heavy metal (at least it was "the future" in the late 80s.) It was stripped down and deeper sounding (heavier bass and drums.)

Introduce Yourself- the first major debut set the stage for what would be the next two albums. You could see some of the "different" ideas they would come up with while still staying "safe" within their own sound.

The Real Thing- the "commercial" album that made the rest of america take notice of them and the introduction of Mike Patton as their vocalist. On this album you hear "Woodpeckers From Mars," an OUTSTANDING instrumental song done without Patton's vocals.

Angel Dust- VERY different from the previous album, but a great album (dare I say one of the best albums to come out of the 90s in my opinion.) The only problem was that even with this being a great album... it's also the reason for their major downfall (IMO.)

After AD, they came out with "King for a Day...." which sounds very "phoned" in and nothing special. It lost a lot of the "heavy" feel to it and with the departure of Jim Martin (lead guitarist for the previous 3 albums) Patton really took control over it all, which is like letting a lunatic drive the bus. There is still a few good songs on the album... but not enough good songs to warrant purchasing the whole album.

Then came "Album of the Year," or the "hail marry pass" for FnM to try to regain what they had with AD... but too little too late. The parade had already left them behind... and they will be one of the bands people forget even when talking about great 90s bands.

Had Martin and Patton been able to work together, keep that solid sound while still being "different" and heavy... I think they would've easily been regarded as a top band out of the 90s and a top "metal" band.